No announcement yet.

*Spoiler* My thoughts on UFC 40

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Spoiler* My thoughts on UFC 40

I have had a night to collect my thoughts and I have to say it was a great event. I never actaully saw it but I heard it and even by just listening to it the event was amazing.

Robbie Lawler. What can I say about this guy. Explosive. Dynamite. Deady. Overpowering. Lightning. Unstoppable. Sick. Ruthless. WOW! WOW! WOW! This kid is going to kill people. I feel sorry for anyone who fights him. 170 pounds of ass kicking machine. I was impressed with him before but now. Holy ****! That's all I can say.

Carlos Newton. He's Carlos ****ing Newton. The Ronin. Enough said.

****ing ****ty luck for Castillo. Early stoppage. The thing that pisses me off about it is this. You never know what can happen in MMA. One monent of hesitation, one wrond move and your ****ed. Sure Hughes was domiant in the 1st, Matt "Huge" always is. But who knows what could have happened later on. The chances are unlikely that Hughes would get beat but nothing is 100%. You never know. That's why we live the sport.

Hahaha, Chuck Liddell. He took out a very good fighter last night and he did it easily. But I won't get into a Liddell lecture since we all know what he can do.

Tito Ortiz. Now I am a Tito hater. I hate his attitude. I hate the way he looks. I just plain hate him. That being said he showed skills that he no one thought he had. He impressed Dave Hojak and in my books that means something. Tito did his homework and then some. He took this fight seriously and I underestimated him. I won't do that again. He wanted it and he took it. He proved who the champ was. He showed respect and class. He acted the way a champ should act. No I am not going to say I like Tito now because I don't. But I do think a little more of him now. Maybe I won't murder him after all. I also thought Chuck would kill Tito in a fight...now I am not so sure. Like I said I will never underestimate Tito again.

Great show put on by all fighters. Win or lose they are great athletes and deserve the utmost respect...yes even Tito.

Nice post.

I think Hughes would have TKO'd Castillo in a later round anyway... but your right... you never know. Still a dominant performance.

TITOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i like tito more than ever........but i know lidell will murder him

Comment

Weir and Miller both looked lost and inexperienced to me, but that being said - they had a pretty great fight.

Lawler is crushing people but there's this little guy in the back of my head saying "is this another Penn? Is this another Belfort?" We'll see how far this guy goes, but he's in arguably the most competitive weight class of the UFC and I don't think anybody can beat Hughes at this point. (he is WW right? I haven't been paying attention.

Lidell was awesome, I love Babalu and I was rooting for him but Chuck is just too nuts. I rank Chuck #1 in the LHW.

BUT Tito rulz as well. I used to hate him but since he has learned some standup and proven that he can have a mildly exciting fight, I don't hate him anymore.

Comment

word.

Comment

Working...
          X