Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morales, Klitschko, Hatton, Winky: One Hall of a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winky would be in over Hatton, but that's simply because we're comparing him to Hatton.

Hatton - I agree his losses outweigh his win. The win vs Kostya was huge at the time. Though Tszyu was about 4 years removed from his best, he did come back nicely just before losing to Hatton. Many thought Hatton would be blown out. So it was big for him. However he only defended 4 times vs fringe contenders and an hold Castillo before having his soul taken from him by Floyd.

Vitali - he'll likely get in being a Klit, being dominant and really beating up his opponents. However, he's even a slippery slope as the best fighters he's fought were Lennox Lewis, Samuel Peter and Chris Byrd. The rest were (to me) fringe contenders, out-of-shape, old, unproven, etc. He beat them impressively, but he's only here for having a 13 fight winning streak after losing to Lewis (including winning the WBC title from Peter after 3-4 years out of the ring).
    Last edited by TyrantT316; 10-16-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
      Vitali Klitschko
      Ivan Calderon
      Winky Wright
      Erik Morales
      Ricky Hatton

Two won't make the hall of fame off the first ballot....

Who are they??
      Take Ricky off.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        well morales and vitali are a sure thing.

now we have to play the BS with the others

in order from most likely to not so likely

Hatton,
        WRight
        Calderon
        Nah. Hatton shouldn't be above Winky.

Comment

All are excellent fighters but Morales aside, slightly flawed as HOFs in my opinion.

Vitali lost to Byrd (quite embarrassingly) and Lewis. His best wins are only OK.

Hatton only lost towards the end of his prime to two contenders for ATG status. The man at 140lbs for a couple of years and a great scalp in Tsyzu. Ruined by Mayweather in his pomp but that’s not a terrible black mark.

Winky’s most notable wins were against smaller, past it greats. Great fighter but no Great fights.

Calderon had a great career, only losing late in his career after moving up.

In this order.

Morales
          Calderon
          Hatton
          Wright
          Klitschko

Hatton sneaks it next. Klitschko is only in it due to name and a gutsy losing performance to Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
            All are excellent fighters but Morales aside, slightly flawed as HOFs in my opinion.

Vitali lost to Byrd (quite embarrassingly) and Lewis. His best wins are only OK.

Hatton only lost towards the end of his prime to two contenders for ATG status. The man at 140lbs for a couple of years and a great scalp in Tsyzu. Ruined by Mayweather in his pomp but that’s not a terrible black mark.

Winky’s most notable wins were against smaller, past it greats. Great fighter but no Great fights.

Calderon had a great career, only losing late in his career after moving up.

In this order.

Morales
            Calderon
            Hatton
            Wright
            Klitschko

Hatton sneaks it next. Klitschko is only in it due to name and a gutsy losing performance to Lewis.
            I tend to agree. Though I might say that Mosley was in more of a bad stretch rather than past his prime. The bulking up to fight DLH didn't exactly help him much.

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
              Vitali Klitschko
              Ivan Calderon
              Winky Wright
              Erik Morales
              Ricky Hatton

Two won't make the hall of fame off the first ballot....

Who are they??
              If 2 get left off, I think it's vitali and Calderon

Morales is a lock

Hatton is way too much of a big name, plus tszyu>>any vitali win

Winky was a legit top 5 p4p guy that was a major player at 154 and 160. The utter domination of Moseley and Trinidad, plus getting hosed vs Taylor and Vargas

Calderon could slip in, but nowhere near as popular as the guys I mentioned

Vitali really has a weak resume compared to his actual skill level as a fighter. Wlad has a stronger case IMO

Comment

Vitali, Morales, Calderon. Easy.

"Vitali didnt fight anyone we remember"... that's how dominant him and his brother were. They literally didn't even give the troll fans a chance to hype anyone up because they'd just run through whoever was next.

Morales is Morales.

Calderon is probably the best fighter on the list... at one point you could argue he was the best pure boxer jn the sport..and that includes when floyd was fighting. Calderon was a special talent. Who doesn't lose at the end of their career?

I love both Winky and especially Hatton but there are levels to this and Calderon's lack of popularity for fightinf in a lower weight class shouldnt count against his sublime skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Nah. Hatton shouldn't be above Winky.
                  shouldnt be but he will be.

Comment

Hatton doesn't deserve to be in Hall. Less than Gatti who at least had a bunch of fight of the years. Hatton beat a very old Tsyzu, beat Paulie, and 'won' a close decision over Collazo. He wasn't even competitive with Pac and Floyd. If that's HOF, then Khan should be in the Hall. But Hatton was a big name so I'm sure he'll get in. First ballot. A-side privileges

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      well morales and vitali are a sure thing.

now we have to play the BS with the others

in order from most likely to not so likely

Hatton,
                      WRight
                      Calderon
                      Morales yes.

Not sure Vitali is a sure thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X