Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Stiverne Rematch Ordered By WBC, Luis Ortiz is Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So by virtue of Don Kings still present business shrewdness, does Stiverne still keep his 'step aside money', AND the split of the purse?
    The HW division gets more bizarre every day.
    Well, I would've rather seen a geriatric Ortiz fight Wilder than Laverne. What a bore fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      Urine only. Dang y'all are stupid as fùck.
      Oh, "urine only." That makes the drug cheating ok then.

Comment

• I blame Ortiz and the WBC.

First, given the tremendous amount of scrutiny of fighters, and especially of fighters who have tested positive in the past, for banned substances, Ortiz' team should have done everything in their power to make sure that they were complying with every minute rule of the WBC.

Secondly, the WBC never should have ranked Stiverne number one contender. He only fought once since 2015 and barely eked a decision against b-level Rossy. It's embarrassing that someone like Stiverne be ranked number one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I blame Ortiz and the WBC.

First, given the tremendous amount of scrutiny of fighters, and especially of fighters who have tested positive in the past, for banned substances, Ortiz' team should have done everything in their power to make sure that they were complying with every minute rule of the WBC.

Secondly, the WBC never should have ranked Stiverne number one contender. He only fought once since 2015 and barely eked a decision against b-level Rossy. It's embarrassing that someone like Stiverne be ranked number one.
          This kind of ranking is only explainable by corruption imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            This kind of ranking is only explainable by corruption imo.
            Yes, corruption, bureaucracy and incompetence. It's as if these sanctioning bodies do not have any accountability. I wonder if any boxing journalists have called them out on it...

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Goddamit!! Stiverne is so ****ing lucky. He gets step-aside money, avoids a potential loss to Breazeale, and gets an undeserved title shot. This dude has been inactive for 2 years!! How did he even hold on to a sanctioning body position?
              No kidding. He's milking the last of his career for some good paydays.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I blame Ortiz and the WBC.

Agree but...Rossy is B level? lol? hes a D level journeyman. And he dropped Stirverne and actually beat him.

Thirdly, Wilder has been a pro for 10 years has nearly 40 fights and has not fought 1 legitimate opponent. That is beyond ridiculous.

Comment

• gotta thank floyd for cleaning up the sport. without floyd all of these cheaters would be roaming free. ortiz deserves a lifetime ban. this stiverne rematch is trash doe and should be easy work for wilder.

Comment

• people hated usada saying it was in floyds pocket and vada was the greatest... now these same mofos hate vada because their fighters are popping dirty.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                      I'm still curious to know how Stiverne kept his mando status with 1 fight in 2 years

^^^ thats how.

Comment

Working...
                      X