No announcement yet.

XBox Scorpio will be better than the PS4 Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Yeah. And the i9 isn't even for gaming, I mean how many games are programmed to be able to use 8 cores? Battlefield? Let alone 10 cores like the cheapest i9 has. Looks like that CPU is for developers, 3D rendering and people who are into filming in 4K and ****.
    I think you're pretty much spot on.

The chips in upper end i9 range are aimed more at pro's that do coding, into virtual machines, etc.

I do think there will be some "gamer" friendly options as well.

People that need the latest and greatest are going to want those 10,12,16 core monsters, but it's way above what most people need I feel.

I'm coming to the realization that I'm too dumb, and my pockets aren't deep enough to get into PC gaming.

I'm sticking to consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      I think you're pretty much spot on.

The chips in upper end i9 range are aimed more at pro's that do coding, into virtual machines, etc.

I do think there will be some "gamer" friendly options as well.

People that need the latest and greatest are going to want those 10,12,16 core monsters, but it's way above what most people need I feel.

I'm coming to the realization that I'm too dumb, and my pockets aren't deep enough to get into PC gaming.

I'm sticking to consoles.
      Yeah only justification for getting an intel i9 CPU is extreme future-proofing. So you'll be ready when ever games do get programmed to use 8+ cores consistently. Buying an i9 now, you'll likely forget about CPU's like until you die or something. I wish GPU's were like that, but they become obsolete after 3-4 years.

Lol man true story right here: Before showing interest in building my pc, I knew zero about pc building. After watching newegg videos on how to build a pc that's when I learned everything lol but they're very long though, and they're in parts, part 1, part 2, part 3.

Before watching the youtube vids, I showed deanrw a build I want (via FB messages), and he picked off the parts one by one, a pack of incompatible **** I had picked up, schooled me on what i'm doing wrong. Although there's this website called PC Part Picker which tells you automatically if a part is not compatible.

I could now say i've 'graduated' from pc building via Youtube University and some schooling from dean. But you sound like you know more than me when I first had the thought of getting into pc gaming. I don't think you're that dumb on the subject lol.

Comment

Think I got my "first wave" of games pretty much narrowed down when I do pick this up.

Forza 7
        Doom
        Titanfall 2
        Skyrim SE

Forza Horizon 3 is up there as well. Should keep me busy for a minute on the gaming front.
        Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 08-06-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Scorpio will be better. Xbox's problem is that it doesn't have anywhere near enough exclusives. If it had some quality (Last of Us, Uncharted etc) exclusives it would do amazing. It's all fine and dandy having a beastly console but if you don't have the games whats the point? Would people rather go to Scorpio now for the extra fps/slightly better graphics or stay with Sony who're going to have some awesome exclusives and they've already got their next-gen library and friends already there.

Comment

WTF? New systems already? I feel like I got my PS4 and XBox just yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              WTF? New systems already? I feel like I got my PS4 and XBox just yesterday
              They're more like half new systems. Like PS4.5, Xbox 1.5.

PS5 is likely coming 2019-2020.

Comment

Looks like if you are going the preorder route, Sunday is the day when it starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Looks like if you are going the preorder route, Sunday is the day when it starts.
                  I think Ill wait until the next official versions come out.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    I think Ill wait until the next official versions come out.
                    I'm in no rush either. I just don't mind buying the XBX1 because...

1. I want a 4K BR player, i'm still a hard copy guy, not a fan of the lower, compressed quality of 4K streaming - so i'll just wait and get this system rather than buy a $250 dollar 4k BR player.

2. I do not care about the PS exclusives outside of MLB The Show..I have a set few series I play, neither of them are console exclusives and they're on both systems. I also want to play the Quantum Break and Gears of War series.

Comment

Xbox One X Project Scorpio pre-order is out of stock on:

Microsoft.com
                      Amazon.com
                      Amazon.co.uk
                      Best Buy

Not too sure on Wal Mart it says get it by Dec 4th. (update: WalMart preorders out of stock)

Target still has, it says get it Nov 8 -13th.

So much for low sales, they're flying off the shelves so far.
                      Last edited by -Kev-; 08-22-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X