No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Downplays Bruises on His Face, Sparring Rumors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto Downplays Bruises on His Face, Sparring Rumors

WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33KOs) of Puerto Rico has downplayed the bruises on his face and internet rumors of being pushed around during sparring sessions.

Cotto will take on Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (45-1-1, 32KOs) on November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. HBO Pay-Per-View will carry the bout. The fight taking place at a catch-weight of 155-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone have a link to the pictures showing the shiner?

Comment

Expecting his bf to be charged with domestic abuse any day now.

Comment

Whats the big deal? you are supposed to get your hardest work in sparring

Comment

That **** happens everytime with him and is my biggest concern. He bruises even with headgear on and that is a product of the first Margarito fight. After that fight his faces gets marked up easily even against light punching opponents. All you have to do is land a shot from a weird angle and he bruises.

Comment

I think cotto loses and loses bad to Canelo but him being busted up means nothing and if he cared he wouldent have gone out in public if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              Expecting his bf to be charged with domestic abuse any day now.
              lmao

Comment

It's a product of hard work in sparring. Anyone who thinks otherwise DKSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  That **** happens everytime with him and is my biggest concern. He bruises even with headgear on and that is a product of the first Margarito fight. After that fight his faces gets marked up easily even against light punching opponents. All you have to do is land a shot from a weird angle and he bruises.
                  This has been a concern of mine as well.

Comment

It's not only his face. Roach spoke about Frankie Gomez during his fight on friday and revealed that Gomez is resposible for Cotto's marks:

"To me he [Frankie Gomez] is the best prospect in the world today. He spars with Manny Pacquiao, sparred with Miguel Cotto a couple days ago. He [Gomez] beats him [Cotto] up sometimes, he holds his own. He is a future superstar. I think he's my next champion, he'll be great."

You can watch that on ring tv live. 02:02:30

Comment

Working...
                    X