Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next Roy Jones is fighting tonight in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am serious, I thought he looked good/quite flashy against a guy I don't really rate. I think Sylvesters a bit of a one-trick pony. Soon as he's taken out his comfort zone, he'll fold. Never rated his chin either
    I've seen Proksa fight on a few U.K undercards & he's fun to watch. I think he's good but see no real star quality.
    Nothing that leads me to suggest he can go onto world level & be successful.
    He's a switch-hitter & looks like a bad Ingle fighter.

His hands are way too low, he pulls back in straight lines with his chin in the air, he's a small middleweight, I think despite his record & his good T.K.O win tonight he lacks a bit of pop. His feet are slow & he relies on lateral movement way too much. I think just about every top 20 middleweight apart from Sylvester, Spinks, Ishida & Manfredo stop him at this stage.
    Wish him the best in his career & will always watch his fights but I am not jumping on the hypetrain I'm afraid
    Brutal K.O waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer
      I am serious, I thought he looked good/quite flashy against a guy I don't really rate. I think Sylvesters a bit of a one-trick pony. Soon as he's taken out his comfort zone, he'll fold. Never rated his chin either
      I've seen Proksa fight on a few U.K undercards & he's fun to watch. I think he's good but see no real star quality.
      Nothing that leads me to suggest he can go onto world level & be successful.

His hands are way too low, he pulls back in straight lines with his chin in the air, he's a small middleweight, I think despite his record & his good T.K.O win tonight he lacks a bit of pop. His feet are slow & he relies on lateral movement way too much. I think just about every top 20 middleweight apart from Sylvester, Spinks, Ishida & Manfredo stop him at this stage.
      Wish him the best in his career & will always watch his fights but I am not jumping on the hypetrain I'm afraid
      Brutal K.O waiting to happen.
      That's fine. Just be humble when he hits world level. Wait, he can't be successful at world level? That's a pretty rash assumption your making right there.

Seems like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder to be honest - 'Brutal knockout waiting to happen'? What's that all about? Have some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        Sylvester has always been very limited but he is well-conditioned and can usually fight through the cuts which he is suspectible to. This time he was simply outclassed in a way he never has been before. Proksa is definitely someone to look forward to in a wide open middleweight division.
        Martinez, Pirog, Golovkin, N'jikam, Proksa, Sturm, Geale, Macklin, Khurtsidze

Jacobs, Korobov, Guerrero, Lemieux, Barker, Lee, Majewski, Bursak, Mcewen

I think it's one of the most talented divisions.

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Good comparison...

His physical looks and movements reminded me of Pirog, but the hands down and southpaw stance looked similar to Martinez.

His counter straight left off of Sylvester's jab looked excellent (timing, speed, and accuracy); Pacquiao tries it sometimes, but doesn't land it as much (intimidates opponents from jabbing though). And I liked his attempts at the right uppercuts even though they didn't land.
        Yeah and his footwork is inbetween the two, slightly more active than Pirog but not quite as athletic as Martinez. The lead left you mentioned is great and reminds me of Pacquiao and Calzaghe who are both good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
          That's fine. Just be humble when he hits world level. Wait, he can't be successful at world level? That's a pretty rash assumption your making right there.

Seems like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder to be honest - 'Brutal knockout waiting to happen'? What's that all about? Have some respect.
          He just walked a top five Middleweight. That's a better win than Golovkin or Pirog have to their credit yet among the top young talents. He's at world level.

He's no Jones...but he doesn't have to be. He could be a real threat to Martinez sooner than later.

Comment

lol Proksa clearly bumfuked Dancov's sister or something.

Comment

imagine how exciting it would be if martinez was fighting proksa tonight instead of gary lockett's brother. oh well.

Comment

Y'all must of forgot. The closest clone you'll ever get is kicking azz.

Roy Jones is back baby.
                Closest clone? he fights nothing like Roy, he fights more Like Kell Brook if you really want to compare.

If you want a roy jone clone look no fruther than Brad Solomon.

Comment

I've seen enough of the guy to safely assume he will NEVER beat the likes of Sergio, Golovkin, Barker, Rubio, Lee, Pirog & probably quite a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.
                  All the above, every single last one would destroy him.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                    I've seen enough of the guy to safely assume he will NEVER beat the likes of Sergio, Golovkin, Barker, Rubio, Lee, Pirog & probably quite a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.
                    All the above, every single last one would destroy him.
                    Barker, Lee, Rubio?

Comment

Barker, Lee, Rubio?

At this stage he also loses to Murray as well, and Macklin.

Why is Barker being so discredited. Look how old Pirog is and then red his 19 wins to me. Then check out Barker who is younger and read HIS 21 wins to me. Explain to me who has the most experience and who has teh better resume.

Beating an overrated american prospect in jacobs does not suddenly make you a world beater. Barker would have probably done teh same thing to jacobs. Pirog is no better, you clowns are just hugging his nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X