Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is Brandon Rios Ducking Gesta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell has Gesta done besides fight cab drivers and draw with one? He does nothing for Rios right now. Let him rack up some quality wins and then we can talk about this.

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
      I'm sure Rios will fight who ever TR puts in front of him, including Gesta. He's gained some fame and his team is probably looking into making some money off of it. Personally, I haven't seen Gesta fight but I doubt he could do what the OP says. If the money is right the fight will be made. Gesta may need to get a couple notable wins under his belt beforehand though.
      Go watch Gesta fight and train on youtube and you will see Rios is a very easy fight for Gesta. Rios has no head movement, he is a very limited come forward fighter that will be severely punished by Gesta.

Like I said if Gesta is such a walkover then why doesnt Rios just fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
        Acosta was one of the shortest reigning lightweight champions in a long time, He made what 1 defence of the title before he lost it to Rios? Antillon? Do you really think he was world class? Petersons are hypejobs that havent won a world title between them as I said before.

Also why is Rios thinking he is entitled to fight Khan and Pacquaio instead of earning it? Is he just looking for a handout or does he honestly believe he is in that class? Why not fight Gesta? I mean if he is such a pushover then it would be no problem for Bam Bam to beat him right?
        Rios isn't ducking anybody he said he is willing to fight him but it's really just a waste of time imo he would win by 1 round KO and what makes Khan entitled to fighting a Mayweather? didn't he just get his ass KTFO by some guy who fights on Friday night fights 2 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
          What the hell has Gesta done besides fight cab drivers and draw with one? He does nothing for Rios right now. Let him rack up some quality wins and then we can talk about this.
          Guys a bum who is feeling himself since he is undefeated a common mistake by young fighters but it will cost him dearly if he steps up from fighting journey men to a champ

Comment

Originally posted by Principe View Post
            Rios isn't ducking anybody he said he is willing to fight him but it's really just a waste of time imo he would win by 1 round KO and what makes Khan entitled to fighting a Mayweather? didn't he just get his ass KTFO by some guy who fights on Friday night fights 2 years ago?
            Rios is ducking Gesta plain and simple, He wants big names but Rios is still totally unproven, He should defend his title against Gesta if Gesta is such a walk in the park,

Also dont compare Khan and Rios two very different class of boxer.

Comment

Yes he's ducking him when he's called him out numerous times? Or are you having difficulties comprehending that? It's up to Arum to make the fight if it were to happen.

P.S. Rios would stop Gesta.

Comment

Rios is calling out Khan but wants nothing to do with Gesta, Gesta was actually Khans chief sparring partner for Judah fight. I have seen Gesta and he has speed and power with the southpaw stance, Gesta would make Rios look like a dunce and it will be a brutal knockout of Rios by Gesta.

Lets be honest I like Rios but who has he fought? Acosta? A punch drunk Antilon who could barely speak a sentence yet Rios is calling out Khan and Pacquio? He is having a joke? Rios will quit like a Mexican American ala Ortiz/De La Hoya when he gets tested, Gesta makes Rios quit in an embarrassing fashion.
                you on Gesta's nuts just cause he was khans sparring partner?

Comment

Go watch Gesta fight and train on youtube and you will see Rios is a very easy fight for Gesta. Rios has no head movement, he is a very limited come forward fighter that will be severely punished by Gesta.

no you're right.
                  they should just fight right now.
                  doesn't matter where
                  just make it happen, cause its really easy

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
                    no you're right.
                    they should just fight right now.
                    doesn't matter where
                    just make it happen, cause its really easy
                    Like the sarcasm, But if every swinging dick boxer starts behaving like Mayweather by ducking and stalling there would be no sport of boxing left because fights would never happen. I guess you are unable to understand its because these big fights never happen that boxing is not popular like it once was.

I think you dislike Gesta because he is Asian, If Gesta was African American all we would ever hear is how "slick and slippery a southpaw" Gesta really is, If he was Hispanic we would never stop hearing about how he never quits and always comes to fight. But because Gesta is Asian he doesnt get any hype from HBO because they only hype African American and Hispanics.

Comment

Just watched some footage from a couple of his recent fights and I can't say that I'm not impressed. The kid barely gets hit for how aggressive he is. I was looking to see how he did in exchanges because that's where Rios does his work and he looked sharp. He stays calm and doesn't open up that much.

For Gesta's sake, he should try to get in a couple of good fights before going after Rios. Maybe challenge an Antillon, Juan Diaz may still want to fight, anyone who's been at or around the top before fighting a guy who is as dangerous as Rios and who is only going to get better. Gesta is young and may want to slow his role just a little if he wants to last in this game.

Comment

Working...
                      X