Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Add Weight For Fury Rematch; Targets 245 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever
    To 245 is the norm because that's Wladimir used to weigh and what Anthony Joshua weighs. He'll be a lot of stronger with more stamina to burn with more force and power on his punches. I just hope it doesn't reduce his speed advantage.
    Nope he won't have more stamina. With 35 extra lbs of muscles and more strength to carry around, he will probably burn himself out when the pace is getting higher.
    Cardio is about hearth work and his hearth won't follow his new body 100 percents.

He's also losing quickness in his moves imo being 35 pounds heavier Wich will make him more predictable.

He will have more strength in his punches but probably lose some snap .

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
      But I thought he said he wanted to prove that weight doesn't matter and doesn't win fights. I don't see him being able to put on that much weight unless he puts on some fat. He'll be slower on his feet which will benefit fury and he'll gas faster than the 1st time. Same reason Joshua needs to cut down his bulk
      I’m loving this ,Fury is in his head. He has never looked at weight yet now his team have suggested it even though they thought he won. Why do they need to change a winning formula?

Wilder is adding this weight not because he wants to and thinks he needs it but because of his team

Comment

wilder acting like he's fought a murderer's row all his career with his weight down..he's fought 39 bums and two good fighters

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Nope he won't have more stamina. With 35 extra lbs of muscles and more strength to carry around, he will probably burn himself out when the pace is getting higher.
          Cardio is about hearth work and his hearth won't follow his new body 100 percents.

He's also losing quickness in his moves imo being 35 pounds heavier Wich will make him more predictable.

He will have more strength in his punches but probably lose some snap .
          Then add to the fact he can’t box. He will look like Andre the giant on ice skates

Comment

That would be a big big mistake imo, part of his success is the fact that he’s light on feet and the speed in which he delivers the right hand.

If he sacrifices that for more weight, given his lack on skills, that could spell disaster for him.

Comment

He was too light, had a broken arm, ect...

Yeah D I guess Fury was in tip top shape too being suicidal and 400 lbs obese 300 days before the clash.

I never heard him or his crew talking about going back to the drawing board. Like "we could box better."

Those guys are in denial.
              They sounding like kovalev post ward's first fight.

When Fury reach his best shape, 245, they better bring a solid game plan and some skills, not some slow as.s overweight muscles boxing relying on that damn right hand.

Comment

Is he capable of putting on that much weight?

Comment

Ok wait a minute.

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder
                  “At the end of the day, how many times, over and over again, have guys out-weighed me and they were left on their back? None of them could put me on my back, being so [light] of a fighter. That’ll just tell you everything. These guys can’t put me on the ground..."

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Personally, I can't see him weighing a pound of over 219 lbs because he is a natural smaller guy.
                    Is he? He wasn't always this small:

Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz are ready to go for tomorrow night’s WBC heavyweight title fight on Showtime, live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, but there were some surprises on the scale today.

Notably, Wilder (39-0, 38 KO) weighed in at just 214¾ pounds, his lowest number on the scales since his third professional fight in 2009.

He’s actually appeared headed in this direction for a while now, though. After bulking up earlier in his pro career, he’s been headed back down after a career-high weight of 229 for his 2015 defense against Eric Molina. He weighed 228¾ for his next two bouts, then 226¼, 222, and 220¾ last time out against Bermane Stiverne.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/3/2...est-since-2009

I think 230 is achievable! I would concentrate on lower body strength, and body punching for the rematch! He needs to make Fury pay when they're in clinches, or Fury is on the ropes!

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                      But I thought he felt he won? Why adjust his weight if you won... Sound like he knows what really went down...
                      Now I’m not saying he won, but even if wilder believes he did it was still a hard difficult fight. Making adjustments wouldn’t hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X