No announcement yet.

The free market has gotten us into trouble with the news

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    Government should effectively have zero control over any news content. None. The fact that you want them to control any content that they somehow deem ok for us plebs to absorb is absolutely ridiculous. You would like to tell them what content they can broadcast, at least to a degree, and then you want to tell them they can't make money. Lol in what way is my statement above a "huge" leap?
    No the government's only role would be to make laws forbidding taking of money/donations by the news outlets and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      No the government's only role would be to make laws forbidding taking of money/donations by the news outlets and stuff like that.
      "My solution? Make news networks not for profit and put safeguards in place to keep them honest."

There is your solution in the opening post in this thread. You only want to prevent them from making money and put safeguards in place and "stuff" like that. No biggie lol.

What are these safeguards and stuff?

How do you get around the 1st amendment?

You have to have government oversight for something like this. So again. Who is your choice for Minister of Propaganda?

Comment

"My solution? Make news networks not for profit and put safeguards in place to keep them honest."

There is your solution in the opening post in this thread. You only want to prevent them from making money and put safeguards in place and "stuff" like that. No biggie lol.

What are these safeguards and stuff?

How do you get around the 1st amendment?

You have to have government oversight for something like this. So again. Who is your choice for Minister of Propaganda?
        Holy **** dude, I didn't sit down last night and type out a 50 page proposal for my new system for delivering news to people.

Comment

Holy **** dude, I didn't sit down last night and type out a 50 page proposal for my new system for delivering news to people.
          Maybe you should take more care in offering a "solution" that will **** on one of the core principles of a free country.

Comment

Maybe you should take more care in offering a "solution" that will **** on one of the core principles of a free country.
            My solution is good. This current system is terrible for our country. My solution does nothing to hurt free speech/free media.

Comment

My solution is good. This current system is terrible for our country. My solution does nothing to hurt free speech/free media.
              How can you make that claim when you yourself admit that you have not even considered what these safeguards are. Lol Jesus Christ. Not to even get into the fact that you can objectively see how it hurts free speech and the press on what little would be dictator "solutions" you have offered.

1. Can't be for profit.

2. Government standards for a free press, which is an oxymoron.

3. And for a third time you will require government oversight for your "standards". So we will need a department that oversees the press. The purpose of the press is the exact opposite.

For ****s sake, you can't have your head buried that far in the sand. Can you?

Comment

Don't play the blame game. That's a losing attitude.
                It's simply facts. CNN not trusted in America. Look at the numbers. I never realized how bad they were until 2016 when they became so Anti-Trump. They've let themselves fall apart. It's unfortunate.

As I said; All you can do is look at the most trusted news sources in America.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  CNN admitted that if they stop talking about Trump their ratings drop.
                  https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...rump-dominates
                  Well yeah probably. If my news of choice stopped talking about the President of my country, I'd probably ditch it too.

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  The issue is coming from the Left.

The only thing you can do is watch the most trusted news organizations. Companies like CNN are destroying the mindset of Democrats and Leftists.
                  Which organizations are you including here, out of curiosity

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    I typically will not look at the news on TV. I was just giving her a suggestion on what to do if you want real news.

Let me see if I can find a recent rating list on what's most trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Well yeah probably. If my news of choice stopped talking about the President of my country, I'd probably ditch it too.

LOL this wasnt a complete stoppage. This is when they stopped a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X