No announcement yet.

Console gamers with 4k sets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
    U should wait till black friday till you get the Xbox and the TV. Keep doing research on TV's
    Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Will do.

I don't think I can go wrong with what I'm looking at.
    check out amazon prime day.

Comment

What's your budget SP?

I have a 4K TV and I have an XBOX 1. Samsung is the best for it. But If you aren't getting a samsung or an LG, I'd suggest the Vizio P Series. I Own a 43 inch 4K Samsung TV.
      Was gonna come in here to say this exactly, go for either Samsung or LG. LG OLED is considered "the best" around 4K tv enthusiasts, Samsung comes second.

I own a Samsung Curved 55 inch 4K, it cost my sis $2k+ and it was a great gift, believe me (she gave it to me when she bought a new one). It's the motion rate 240 (doubles the 120hz). There's no such thing as 240hz tv's, just tv's that are 120hz and use tech to make your eyes think it's looking at 240.

As far as LG's go, LG OLED are the best 4K tv's and I will be getting one of these in 2-3 years since I don't need one now. If my sis hadn't given me her Samsung, I would've gone for LG.

I've heard and read that Sony's customer service is awful and they are not American reps. So any issue you have, you will be talking to an Indian with a heavy accent. Go to Best Buy and pick out a Sony tv and read the customer reviews so you can see most bad reviews are about terrible customer service.

Vizio: Best "cheap" 4K tv. I wouldn't recommend this as the first choice but if you're looking for a "cheap" 4K that isn't actually cheap quality, Vizio is a great pick. I would say this brand is the lowest I recommend for the lower tier 4k's. I wouldn't go below this.

If you're getting a 4K tv and want it until 8k comes out and becomes popular and 4K is clearly outdated (AKA a long time) i'd go with OLED LG. This is the best tv on the market, great quality, no real bad complaints anywhere you look (amazon, bb).

Comment

I bought a curved 55 inch Samsung 4K tv about a little over a year ago. It's spectacular. I got it for 1500 but Best Buy is actually selling it for just over half of what I payed. You should jump on that deal.

I won't buy any other tvs anymore unless they are Samsung. They make the best in my opinion
        Last edited by Rip Chudd; 07-11-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

1500 is the max.

The sets I'm looking at would probably be around 1000 when the big shopping deals hit, though.
          $1500 max, then i'd do this...go to BB, apply for their credit card, get 24 months financing with no interest. Purchase above $999. Free delivery for 51" or above, they unbox it for you, put it on the stand and plug it in and they will even take your old tv if you want to recycle it. This is all free. Go for the B6 or C6 LG, they cost $2k but sometimes they have open-box like right now, I see they have an open box for the C6 55" for $1600, that's $400 off. Open box is simply that someone bought it, regretted the purchase/found a better deal elsewhere/ and returned it.

Typically, open-box items are goods returned by customers, inspected by the retailer, found to be in working order, and re-sold at a discount, rather than returned to the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            What's your budget SP?

Was gonna come in here to say this exactly, go for either Samsung or LG. LG OLED is considered "the best" around 4K tv enthusiasts, Samsung comes second.

I own a Samsung Curved 55 inch 4K, it cost my sis $2k+ and it was a great gift, believe me (she gave it to me when she bought a new one). It's the motion rate 240 (doubles the 120hz). There's no such thing as 240hz tv's, just tv's that are 120hz and use tech to make your eyes think it's looking at 240.

As far as LG's go, LG OLED are the best 4K tv's and I will be getting one of these in 2-3 years since I don't need one now. If my sis hadn't given me her Samsung, I would've gone for LG.

I've heard and read that Sony's customer service is awful and they are not American reps. So any issue you have, you will be talking to an Indian with a heavy accent. Go to Best Buy and pick out a Sony tv and read the customer reviews so you can see most bad reviews are about terrible customer service.

Vizio: Best "cheap" 4K tv. I wouldn't recommend this as the first choice but if you're looking for a "cheap" 4K that isn't actually cheap quality, Vizio is a great pick. I would say this brand is the lowest I recommend for the lower tier 4k's. I wouldn't go below this.

If you're getting a 4K tv and want it until 8k comes out and becomes popular and 4K is clearly outdated (AKA a long time) i'd go with OLED LG. This is the best tv on the market, great quality, no real bad complaints anywhere you look (amazon, bb).
            Samsung>LG

Comment

Samsung>LG
              They're both great, but LG is king of 4K right now.

Comment

I've been long overdue in upgrading my gaming system, and I will be buying the X. I was thinking about picking up a 4k set in August, but since the system isn't on sale until November, I'd figure I'd probably wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday to strike.

I've narrowed it down to two choices as far as TV's.

Vizio P series and Sony X900E.

I was wondering if any of your fargin knuckleheads have either one of these sets, and if you do, how do you llke them. Any input aside from calling my mother a toothless whore would be appreciated.
                I have a 65" Samsung 4K in my downstairs living room. This is where my Xbox 1s is hooked up. Games look amazing on it...but because I'm a lazy **** and haven't hardlined my house yet, I'm usually upstairs in my loft playing my PS4 on wifi lmao. I'll get around to it eventually. It does look good doe!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  They're both great, but LG is king of 4K right now.
                  Disagree. When you go into a Best Buy or a Fry's, you can see that the Samsung has better picture. The Samsung QLED looks better than the LG OLED

Comment

Disagree. When you go into a Best Buy or a Fry's, you can see that the Samsung has better picture. The Samsung QLED looks better than the LG OLED
                    OLED > QLED. Any review of OLED vs QLED would tell you which one is superior. It's always going to be OLED from any reputable website.

Color accuracy, black/white level and contrast, picture quality all go to LG OLED tv.

Price, sharpness of image, and lifespan goes to Samsung QLED.

Tie: Both are fast, equally responsive.

Comment

Thanks for the input and recommendations, fellas.

Nah man, you cant go by picture quality at the store.

These higher end sets, you pretty much are going to get it calibrated by a pro, if you want the most out of them.

Kev is right. LG is the best out right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X