Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez looking sharp hitting the mitts in training for Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
    I did also saw him a lil bit winded right after the first 3 mins... that said... i think that sergios condition has always been a remarkable one... For sure, chavez is having a hard time making weight and all that ****.. and his condition hasnt always been the best..

I believe if Sergio can keep this pace for 12 rounds.. theres no way chavez can beat him... dude is way to slow for him.... I want to see how sergio reacts once he gets hit flush by chavez.. if chavez cant hurt/wobble him at least with his best punch ... hes gonna be in for a beating...

Maravilla's Ring IQ will be the difference... he's gonna hit chavez from every angle... thats for sure
    All you have to do is watch the Zbik fight (I personally thought Zbik won fairly comfortably) to see how poorly Chavez does against anyone with speed and ability to place punches.

Zbik couldn't punch, Martinez can.

Comment

Very poor technique using the jab! Rows it constantly and when he backs off he steps over to his left and squares up! Thats a problem if someone follows him in quickly and forces an issue. This guy NEVER steps in and backs up the mitt man he just hits and pulls back and never moves around the mitt man working on flanking to catch him in a profile!
      All of this mitt work today is flash or movement orentated it seems to have lost its initial concept for gaining position and working in combination and keeping good balance while your on the move.
      This guy looks ordinary to me but again its just a light work out with little to nothing going on. You do fight as you train and it looks like a "track star" instead of someone looking to dominate. I'd guess they feel their oponent will tire and the late rounds will belong to Sergio? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Very poor technique using the jab! Rows it constantly and when he backs off he steps over to his left and squares up! Thats a problem if someone follows him in quickly and forces an issue. This guy NEVER steps in and backs up the mitt man he just hits and pulls back and never moves around the mitt man working on flanking to catch him in a profile!
        All of this mitt work today is flash or movement orentated it seems to have lost its initial concept for gaining position and working in combination and keeping good balance while your on the move.
        This guy looks ordinary to me but again its just a light work out with little to nothing going on. You do fight as you train and it looks like a "track star" instead of someone looking to dominate. I'd guess they feel their oponent will tire and the late rounds will belong to Sergio? Ray.
        His poor technique helped him become one of the best fighters in the world. Just saying.

Comment

Have you ever wondered why after 550 posts on this site no one have ever given you a rep point ?

Let me help you, YOU ARE WROOOOOOONG.
          And to make matters even worse you try to sound sound like you are the second coming of angelo dundee ,but you are stating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto
            Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Dude, those are the fkin pads not the heavy bag or sparring wtf you talking about? You ever trained in your life?

EDIT: With Chavez coming forward, what more do you need than a 1-2 and move out the way?

Maybe he meant IF? I don't think Ive read anywhere about the specifics. Then again it doesn't mean he doesn't know.

lmfao so your telling me they practice their stragetty hitting a bag? Shows how much you have trained or know.
            You obviously dont know how to read....

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas
              Quote:

Originally Posted by kiaba360

Ouch...where did you read/hear that? So no random testing AND a small(er) ring?

it's was only regular state testing but for what it's worth.....

NSAC: Chavez, Martinez Drug Test Negative For Steroids
              That testing was way before the press conferences even started. Chavez didnt start taking his diuretics till recently.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

This guy has no idea.

Comment

Working...
                X