Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Wasn't Hurt; Didn't Think Ref Would Stop Fight in 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
    True. Wilder seemed surprised when they wanted to check him out. Wilder walked comfortably to his side after the 7th round onslaught. He was not staggering that much, if any, going to his corner. I was surprised about that - it felt like watching the drunken master.
    Afer a death related to boxing happens......if a fighter needs to be looked at, let them look. That kind of interrupt won’t ever save a hurt boxer anyway. It just gives Wilder critics blank ammunition to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
      you guys are on crack if you think that extra time didn't help
      How do you know that it did?

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
        I like Wilder but he was hurt and I wish he would admit it.
        I agree but isn't sometimes like talking to the Mrs. you have to see that in away he did admit it.

Comment

Should have been stopped, wasnt fighting back and was taking shot cleanley enough to knock his head back several times. He was hurt bad

Comment

Only and idiot would think the fight should have been stopped. If Ortiz couldn’t stop Wilder then why should the referee. He allowed Wilder to continue and Ortiz couldn’t get the job done. The purpose of stopping the fighter is to save a beaten man. This fight is a perfect example of why fights should not be stopped by a referee. If we want to protect the fighters then put an end to combat sports. Boxing is a dangerous sports that’s why the top athletes are paid millions to compete. Yes, people do die in the ring. The last guy died after winning the fight. There would have been a ton of Contoversy if this fight was stopped. Many would have said there is no way he could handle AJ’s power. Who buy the way was awarded a premature stoppage against Wlad. Boxing is the hurt business and Wilder put a hurting on Ortiz in the 10th.
            Last edited by gabossboy; 03-05-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              That kind of interrupt won’t ever save a hurt boxer anyway. It just gives Wilder critics blank ammunition to talk.
              I agree. Those "15 seconds" (I don't even know if it's 15 secs but anyway) everybody is talking about would never save a boxer if, for instance, Ortiz still had gas in his tank to continue the punishment on Wilder.

Ortiz just didn't have enough power to KO Wilder.

Comment

Ref did the right thing by not getting involved. But to say wilder was not hurt? Yeah i dont believe that. He couldnt even fight back and lacked any fluid defensive movement. Anyway good win for wilder, he has a chin and early FOTY candidate.

Comment

He was fucked up that round

Comment

Corruption having Wilder

Originally posted by bori84 View Post
                    He was almost out of there and MAYBE if it weren't for the extra time he got prior to round 8 (while doctor was "evaluating" him), things MAY have been different. We'll never know but now bring on Wilder vs AJ!!!
                    How the state athletic commission allowed Wilder extra time to recover will never be known since Haymon owns the house...... Clearly a corrupted PBC fight which is why Haymon refused to allow Wilder to fight outside a PBC controlled contract. Clear corruption being swept under the rug.

I said it once and I'll say it again, Ortiz had no shot to win that fught under any circumstances. He didn't take a dive but the officials, judges ahd commission weren't allowing Wilder to lose.

Comment

“I wasn’t hurt”

This dude is literally existing in a different reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X