No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Adds CompuTrack System For New Dimensions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The CompuTrack system will produce next-generation statistics that will break down a fighter's activity and performance based on ring positioning and location. CompuTrack will pull conventional CompuBox data and group them into the following positions:

[Click Here To Read More]

who cares..... or more importantly, how is that relevant ?

so the muppets can justify their bullshlt opinions without even watching the fight?

get the scoring shots accurate should be the first priority

compubox is just for historians, and should not be taken too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I like the idea of CompuBox or CompuTrack or w/e now, but I think something they need to do is get rid of this button mashing system of counting by humans. I think you could have a microchip put into gloves to have the chip do the job of counting punches. I think you could also measure the force at which each punch lands to which would be an interesting stat to add to a fight.

But yea I'm pro-boxing stats I just think human counts are gonna be inaccurate & thus problematic.

I also don't like that they never alter stats once a fight is over. Even in bigger sports like the NFL or the NBA they'll update stats if something wasn't correct post-game. I think its a hell of a job to be counting punches for 3 minutes x 12 rounds in the moment. I think they should have a system which double checks the fights to confirm the accuracy & improve the stats upon future viewings.

how will the microchip determine whether the punch hit gloves, forearms, shoulders, etc?

compubox is not a tool that is required, or qualified, to score a fight..... that is what the judges are for..... I want them to move in the other direction lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Computrack? Lol! Now that Ledermans gone boxing found another way for casuals to score a match.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          just more dumb inaccurate stats dumbasses will point to and try to defend a victory or dismiss one.

exactly !

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Way too many punches land on the arms and gloves. It would probably be less accurate than punchstats. I like the idea of the chip measuring force though.
            I would think you could make it so its only counting punches that would be considered clean punches based on the surfaces involved that are being counted (face, body) & the surfaces involved that are not being counted (gloves, arms, legs, nuts).

I'm positive you could make it so the glove is detectable by the other glove & that punches that land below a certain height wouldn't count. But I'm no microchip expert either so who knows.

Comment

Lets add more distraction with some more meaningless numbers.

Comment

Microships

A microship on the gloves programed to reading when a glove touch X part of the body, another glove and measure full impact of the hit (clean punch). Come on, we are in 2018, the technology we have are advance, especially in microships. So in other words, Elf Pandas mention is valid.

Comment

Working...
                X