Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Wasn't Hurt; Didn't Think Ref Would Stop Fight in 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabossboy View Post
    Only and idiot would think the fight should have been stopped. If Ortiz couldn’t stop Wilder then why should the referee. He allowed Wilder to continue and Ortiz couldn’t get the job done. The purpose of stopping the fighter is to save a beaten man. This fight is a perfect example of why fights should not be stopped by a referee. If we want to protect the fighters then put an end to combat sports. Boxing is a dangerous sports that’s why the top athletes are paid millions to compete. Yes, people do die in the ring. The last guy died after winning the fight. There would have been a ton of Contoversy if this fight was stopped. Many would have said there is no way he could handle AJ’s power. Who buy the way was awarded a premature stoppage against Wlad. Boxing is the hurt business and Wilder put a hurting on Ortiz in the 10th.
    You really think that was a premature stoppage? Two knockdowns and then being unloaded on and throwing nothing back?

Really?

You know it’s a ref’s job to ideally call it off before their brain detaches, right?

I know you wanted to see the final blow that rolled Wlad’s eyes back into his head, but I’d say that stoppage was solid.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
      “I wasn’t hurt”

This dude is literally existing in a different reality.
      No brain, no pain.

Half human, half hybrid!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        I thought the talk of wilder about to be stopped confusing. He wasn’t about to be stopped. He didn’t look hurt to me. Tired maybe.
        You don’t need to be punching all the time. You can take a breather. Didn’t floyd not punch a lot of the time..? Was he about to be stopped defending for his life while his opponent went ape s*it on him?
        Yes but Floyd was never sent reeling around the ring and having his head snapped back. I don't know if Floyd has ever been hit two times in a row before. Wilder showed tremendous grit but he was definitely hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          I thought the talk of wilder about to be stopped confusing. He wasn’t about to be stopped. He didn’t look hurt to me. Tired maybe.
          You don’t need to be punching all the time. You can take a breather. Didn’t floyd not punch a lot of the time..? Was he about to be stopped defending for his life while his opponent went ape s*it on him?
          Go away and find me a Floyd fight where he looked *anything* like Deontay looked at the end of the 7th round.

You absolute kook. What a stupid comment.

Comment

Sure you weren't hurt Deontay, you were just wobbling around like a drunk because it was one of your super tactics to throw Ortiz off his game. You're by far one of the smartest boxers ever. No, really.

Comment

Na Wilder you was hurt. Just walking back to your stool was a struggle after the bell sounded. Thats why ref wanted to check if you was concussed. The only thing that kept you up was that chin. Good Win Champ
              Last edited by RapidSon; 03-05-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I hate when fighters have to deny reality in order to satisfy their ego, as if we do not have tape of the encounter. Wilder was on queer street in the 7th, and given Ortiz another 10 seconds he would've definitely been knocked down if not out.

Comment

Wasn't hurt? Cmon breh watch the fight.

Comment

I missed the fight traveling, but I heard how rocked Wilder was and that he was lucky the ref didn't stop it. So I pulled up the round on youtube, and it was nothing - one or two halfway decent punches landed, and Wilder was a teeny bit wobbly.

Big deal, plenty of fighters have went through much more. Basically every HW fight has rounds like that where the fighter survives. Both Joshua and Wlad were more wobbled in their fights in the rounds prior to stoppage. Give me a break!

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                      “I wasn’t hurt”

This dude is literally existing in a different reality.
                      If he says he wasn't hurt, who the **** are you to say that he was? You don't even know the type of hurt that's he's talking about because you've never been in that position before armchair, lmao. Fighters have a different threshold of pain. In their world being wobbled and being hurt aren't one in and the same. Foh lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X