No announcement yet.

Billy Joe Saunders the slickest boxer in the game today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Jeff Horn is not a slick boxer but a mauler, I wasn't happy with his performance against Corcoran, I think he underestimated him and let the praise get to him.

I think Horn is like Duran mixed with Calzaghe.
    you dont have to be slick to be the baddest that ever did it

Comment

yea it was the first time I watched him fight, I was only familiar with him as being a Gypsy and being on those IFL tv interviews talking smack and of course his son punching the balls of Monroe.

I didnt even watch that fight with Monroe mainly because it was in UK and I hate watching streams.

But man I looked and he beat Chris Eubank jr and even outclassed and hurt Andy Lee who is no slouch either

this guy is the goods, and I was also impressed, he boxes GGG with ease and even Canelo who has short arms will have trouble.
      My friend and I were just talking about that. I think he clowns Canelo with ease. It’s a horrible matchup. I think GGG is a competitive fight due to GGG’s length and technical boxing. But with time the odds are tilting more in BJS favor.

Comment

BJS has elite footwork, good reflexes, and good hand speed. He's also got great stamina. Love his style. Not sure how far he can go, but I always root for slick boxers who have mastered the sweet science. Might need a few more fights with this current trainer before taking on GGG or Canelo, but he has a shot right now even.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
          He`s always had these fundamentals and shown bits of what he can do but he`s just never been in shape or with the right trainer. now he`s with the best camp in the Uk.
          Exactly. Most people in this country know how talented he is. I truly believe it when he says he was ever only 50-60% fit before. It was obvious.

Saunders can actually crack a bit when he sits down on his shots, but obviously he wasn't going to take too many chances. He only has 12 KO's but i think he has deceptive power. Nobody will be walking through his shots.

Comment

soooooooooooooo, lemmy is the divisions measuring stick

lemmy is the typical ''stand there and let me hit you'' type.

bjs obviously aint that kind of opponent

Comment

We have been saying this for ages, his skills are completely overlooked. Maybe it's because he hasn't fought outside of the U.K. Or something. BJS is a prick but boy he is a difficult fighter to hit. He throws the jab consistently and moves constantly, he makes it difficult for anyone to land on him or beat him, so far only Eubank has come close to doing so.

Comment

Dude won me over with that clowning he did when Lemiuex threw that air punch and BJS stared off into the rafters to see where it went lol dude is a straight clowner

I have to say I never watched him box before, I just remember the the LGBT boxing channels calling him a bum and hoe, with no skills and a coward

But they usually do that to everyone even Pacquiao they say these guys have no skills

But this guy blew me away with his reflexes, his movement, his jab, his timing and everything.

He isn't a power puncher but he moves similar to Ali he is very slick and skilled southpaw

He is the best stick and move guy in the game, Terence Crawford is the best Boxer puncher.

I would love to see him toy with Jacobs before giving him GGG or Canelo.

He boxes the sox off everyone at 160

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  My friend and I were just talking about that. I think he clowns Canelo with ease. It’s a horrible matchup. I think GGG is a competitive fight due to GGG’s length and technical boxing. But with time the odds are tilting more in BJS favor.
                  You're a fool

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
                    You're a fool
                    Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      We have been saying this for ages, his skills are completely overlooked. Maybe it's because he hasn't fought outside of the U.K. Or something. BJS is a prick but boy he is a difficult fighter to hit. He throws the jab consistently and moves constantly, he makes it difficult for anyone to land on him or beat him, so far only Eubank has come close to doing so.
                      Saunders wasn't even fully fit for that fight either and got very complacent in that fight because the first 6 rounds were so easy, he started cruising and let Eubank into the fight.

If he had stayed switched on and was fully fit, Eubank wouldn't have won a round. Their skill level was so far apart. I appreciate Eubank has improved a lot since then though. Then again, Saunders has too.

Comment

Working...
                      X