Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't reporters call Floyd out on his quotes during interviews?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd use to give btak interviews up until they called him out on his hypocrisy.

Floyd was scheduled to be on the George Lopez show and when George asked him about Pacquiao he said that Floyd started cursing and yelling over the phone and canceled his appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Floyd use to give btak interviews up until they called him out on his hypocrisy.

Floyd was scheduled to be on the George Lopez show and when George asked him about Pacquiao he said that Floyd started cursing and yelling over the phone and canceled his appearance.
      Damn, are you serious? Man, Floyd has mental problems.

Comment

Floyd's ****en garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
          Damn, are you serious? Man, Floyd has mental problems.

Comment

They used to before fight hype became Floyd hype. He blacked out the rest of the boxing media.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
              Those reporters get banned from future interview at weigh-ins, press conferences, post fight events etc. Radio Raheem, Steve Kim & many more are boxing writers/journos who have been banned/denied credentials for Mayweather events. As long as you lick Floyd's azz & keep your questions in check...you get the credentials.
              This works both ways. The same thing applies to Top Rank and Pacquaio fights. Fat Dan Rafael has never uttered a negative word about Pacquaio. Neither have any of the guys you mentioned, although they have criticized Floyd regularly.

Comment

Because the journalists are more concerned with having their face in the limelight than giving meaningful information.

I don't know why people are faulting Mayweather for this; people don't owe others an interview or conversation so if, for whatever reason, they don't like someone, it is their business whether they converse with them in the future. It's on the interviewers to decide whether they want to preserve a relationship of seek out answers.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  It's just trash talk. Kinda like when a fighter says so and so is a bum. Then fans say "if he's a bum then why fight him". talkin shlt is what fighters do
                  It's not trash talk and u know it, trash talk occurs during build up for a fight or if your actually gonna fight that guy. Exhibits A and B: Ali and Naz.

Trash talk is not the term used for guys chatting **** to avoid a fight.

Comment

All this or when you're dealing with $30M deals you wait to announce the opponent and leave the speculation like these threads bring to the people who will still end up watching whoever it is. Some folks don't care much for the business aspect, but in a sport where your livelihood can be taken without a warning, some folks would rather calculate how their business is run. People talking **** come in the dozens. But when it's money on the table, that's what turns it into a young/seasoned game. Folks who have more to prove tend to throw names more than anything. Floyd is at the top whether we like it or not. The rules aren't the same for him as they are for someone like Lara or even GGG...I don't have millions and am not a boxer (anymore) so what do I know.......

Comment

Originally posted by who_necks View Post
                      Why don't reporters call Floyd out on his ridiculous quotes during interviews?

When he says Khan needs to avenge losses against certain fighters etc.. why aren't reporters saying "well why didn't Maidana have to avenge losses against Alexander or Khan?" - People need to put these questions to him and get him to justify some of the things he says instead of just accepting it and writing it down.

I like Floyd, i'm a fan of him in the ring but I just can't understand how interviewers don't give him a challenging reply for him to deal with. I find it quite frustrating.

Or is it a case of him only doing interview with those who are on his side?
                      Because just like you they know he isn't being serious just talking a lil ****. They can't afford to waste valuable time pretending.

The better question-why do clowns like you take what floyd says literally and no other boxer?

Comment

Working...
                      X