Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a diehard Pac and Big fan: Im sorry Em is better than both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    Driven you away? I made a small post to question why you had Lil Wayne in your top 10 but no Rakim and Nas in the bottom
    Okay cool, educate me

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Screw that. This thread is good. Dont let people tell you who should or shouldnt like.

**** 'em.

I like Gucci Mane. What? Sue me. If you dont rate Nas or Rakim that high. Thats fine because its YOUR list.
    True that bro.

My list compared to others is very different, but it is my list.

Burner, you're a good guy

Comment

• Originally posted by 120 View Post
      its just a saying, people will hate, as in some people will simply look for anything to critic the man and that's it
      Criticism can also be valid, though. To dismiss all criticism as "hate" is asinine.

Originally posted by 120 View Post
      yes, the people who will simply look down on Em for whatever reason
      Do you think that's what the people in this thread are about?

Originally posted by 120 View Post
      Em showed his very best in his freestyle battles IMO. Lets put it this way, he is so good that he thrived in an industry that he shouldn't have. Recognized worldwide as one of the best of not only this era but of all time, I don't need to argue this or look for anything to validate this. Is his current work as good as before? maybe not in the eyes of some, but when he gets in there with the current 'best MCs' like Jay, Nas or lil'wayne(which i personally don't enjoy much, except for a song here and there) he sounds head and shoulders above them and that's a fact, just listen to the songs. His flow is very unique, the way he put verses together is still amazing, his psycho songs and drug abuse songs are awesome tracks. dude goes from an album like slim shady LP and then comes out with a song like Stan... I could go with this forever but there's really no reason. To each his own
      Why shouldn't a man with talent thrive? Apathy's white, if that's what you're referring to, and he thrives in hip-hop. In fact, he artistically thrives more in the hip-hop sphere than Em, who ultimately thrived more in the music industry per se.

Eminem is not head and shoulders above NaS or Jay-Z. That's just insane. I don't even particularly like or admire Jay-Z that much, I'm more predisposed to boost Em way over him, but I can't do it without substance for doing so.

Anyone can state as fact what you stated. There are two types of opinion - the average 'opinions = assholes, everybody's got one' opinion or informed, well-listened, well-considered opinion that is backed up by some kind of breakdown or analysis. Guess which type holds more weight.

You can't just say 'it's a fact, listen to the music'...we've all listened to the music, I'd hope, or else we wouldn't be here discussing it.

What his flow has developed into could be called 'unique', I guess, but it's also clumsy and the content (whether the subject is being a psycho or being a drug-addict) is either disjointed (in the bad way), dully repetetive or non-existent anymore.

The tone of 'Stan' isn't much of a jump from SSLP, BTW...the most notable 'difference' is in the production texture. And if anything, a piece like 'Stan' is a perfectly natural progression for an artist on a creative hot-streak coming to terms with the reality of the fame his last record brought him.

You make a fair point re. Em's freestyles. So, if we're looking beyond just these guys' discographical Legacies (and I'm glad we are), then I have definitive reason to place Big L above Eminem, too.

Eminem is living off his rep from 10 years or so ago. That's why he's recognized and regarded now.

My question is, re. Eminem's discographical Legacy, is,

is what he did with gradually diminishing returns across 3 albums early in his career enough to put him above guys who've equalled or come very close to his peaks, but with far greater consistency over a much longer stretch of time?

The answer is NO.
      Last edited by MACAQUEINBLACK; 10-02-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Q-tip is the best imo. His voice is like ear ****. no h*mo.

Eminem >>>>>>>>>>>>> Biggie and Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by heat27 View Post

the best part about this list is he put in the top 10 two guys who are known to not write thier own lyrics

dre and puff LMAO
          Careful now Heat, you don't want to ''drive him away''

Comment

• Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
            Here's my top 10

Eminem
            Biggie
            Tupac
            50 Cent
            Dr Dre
            Snoop
            Jay Z
            Lil Wayne
            Puff Daddy
            Nas
            Diddy? You serious bro? You do know that half of his **** was written by somebody else.

Comment

• I tell you another guy who is a Top 5 active rapper right now.

Joe Freakin Buddens.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                I tell you another guy who is a Top 5 active rapper right now.

Joe Freakin Buddens.
                I wouldn't rate Buddens over anybody in Slaughterhouse, let alone the rest of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
                  Okay cool, educate me
                  It's like asking to be educated on SRR.

You know those guys who used to get laughed out of NSB because they would say Floyd Jr. was Greater than SRR?

That's you in this thread.

It really is that level of WTF?ery you're displaying.

That you even listed P Diddy as Top 10 All-Timer means I have to leave this thread and say no more in it. Literally. I can't post in a thread where someone listed Diddy as a Top 10 All-Timer. It's ridiculous.

I don't even mean to be prick-ish or cause any offence by any of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    I wouldn't rate Buddens over anybody in Slaughterhouse, let alone the rest of the game.
                    Ey thats you.

I on the other hand think hes the best rapper in the group and one of the top 5 right now.

Mood Musik 2 and 3

Flawless music.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
                      It's like asking to be educated on SRR.

You know those guys who used to get laughed out of NSB because they would say Floyd Jr. was Greater than SRR?

That's you in this thread.

It really is that level of WTF?ery you're displaying.

That you even listed P Diddy as Top 10 All-Timer means I have to leave this thread and say no more in it. Literally. I can't post in a thread where someone listed Diddy as a Top 10 All-Timer. It's ridiculous.

I don't even mean to be prick-ish or cause any offence by any of that.
                      LMFAO!!

Comment

Working...
                      X