Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Entry Into Boxing Creates Healthy Broadcaster Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't even take a DAZN free trial.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      The thing is, that with Netflix and Spotify, those are apps that can be used daily. I use Spotify in the car and when I'm at the gym. I could turn on Netflix any time of the day and catch up on a show or watch a movie if there's nothing on on cable. I did the ESPN+ for Crawford and till this date I haven't used it again since I forgot to cancel. Now with DAZN, Hearn has announce 2 fights, AJ on Sept. 22 and the Vargas card on Oct.6, Thats 2 fights in 3 weeks and that's it for now, looks like they will have at least 2 cards per month. For a US customer, it doesn't seem like it's enough to subscribe to an app that you will barely use. Other than a fight day on a Saturday, what is gonna make me want to use the app on another day during the week? If I'm paying for something, I want to at least get some use out of it.
      I agree. If you would only watch Matchroom Boxing events, DAZN isn't worth it.

Up in Canada, we also get NFL Gamepass, some MLB games, PAC 12 College Football matches, La Liga, and a bit of tennis and golf. We're also getting Bellator soon, which I'm looking forward to.

The challenge for DAZN is to offer a similar package to their American audience.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
        I agree. If you would only watch Matchroom Boxing events, DAZN isn't worth it.

Up in Canada, we also get NFL Gamepass, some MLB games, PAC 12 College Football matches, La Liga, and a bit of tennis and golf. We're also getting Bellator soon, which I'm looking forward to.

The challenge for DAZN is to offer a similar package to their American audience.
        That's the problem DAZN US is going to have. I could care less about Bellator, I barely even watch UFC. Will US customers suscribe for just boxing, because I seriously doubt they will offer any of the 3 major sports like NFL,NBA and MLB. What else is DAZN gonna give us to watch, European soccer, Formula 1, Euro league basketball. Some US fans my care about Soccer but nothing else. All the US based major sports are in contracts with major networks that won't end till around 2022.

Comment

Working...
        X