Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4715 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,000,001,451,675,648.00
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 
Default California's strict gun laws, the Black Panthers, and Ronald Reagan...

Unfortunately yesterday I was sick so I didn't get to really enjoy my 4th of July, while everyone was at the pool I was laying down watching Netflix documentaries.

Anyways I watched a documentary about the Black Panthers. Interestingly, I never knew that the Panthers began because African Americans were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. What I also didn't know that it was good ole Ronald Reagan (then Ca Governor) that made such tight gun laws in California because of the Panthers.

With all the identity politics going on these days, I find this piece of history amusing. In the 60's a progressive group such as the Black Panthers fighting for their gun rights and a Conservative like Reagan banning certain guns and adding restrictions to who can and cannot bear arms.

Thoughts?
Boxfan83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 268 Post(s)
HAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 513,440,432,884.39
Total Points: 513,539,975,018.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxfan83 View Post
Unfortunately yesterday I was sick so I didn't get to really enjoy my 4th of July, while everyone was at the pool I was laying down watching Netflix documentaries.

Anyways I watched a documentary about the Black Panthers. Interestingly, I never knew that the Panthers began because African Americans were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. What I also didn't know that it was good ole Ronald Reagan (then Ca Governor) that made such tight gun laws in California because of the Panthers.

With all the identity politics going on these days, I find this piece of history amusing. In the 60's a progressive group such as the Black Panthers fighting for their gun rights and a Conservative like Reagan banning certain guns and adding restrictions to who can and cannot bear arms.

Thoughts?
It's simple. Regan inacted the weapons ban out of fear. Fear that those individuals being oppressed were going to exact revenge. And all other politicians that were in attendance when the BPP marched up to Sacramento strapped, most likely siht on themselves. The same identity politics go on today. Focus all attention on people of color while the remaining population roames free and without suspicion. Free to do whatever comes to mind with no worries. And if they become uncomfortable, call the police. While It's a matter of life or death for me, as I must think before I act no matter the circumstances or what I do. Still because one group is uncomfortable, the focus remains on me.
When is this ignorance going to stop. Guns and gun laws aren't the problem. The problem is the color of of the hand holding gun and the treat level assigned is based on the same ignorance.
HAY-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:10 AM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
sidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these partssidneycello is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 50,264.71

Yeah it’s pretty ironic. The 2nd amendment was cool until the black panthers realized the law was meant for them too then it was a problem . Lol....when you get some time you should go on YouTube and look up Fred Hamptons defense speech in court. On YouTube. Kid was 19-20 and was such a threat to the fbi they had him assasinated.
sidneycello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:12 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

HAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond reputeHAY-B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thoughts?
Also it wasn't gun rights that was the genesis of the Panthers, it was about deterring police butality. You know the folks that are suppose to serve n protect, are the same people the Panthers were trying to protect the community from.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:00 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAY-B View Post
Also it wasn't gun rights that was the genesis of the Panthers, it was about deterring police butality. You know the folks that are suppose to serve n protect, are the same people the Panthers were trying to protect the community from.
Pretty interesting stuff. If you think about it, the cell phone camera is todays way of offsetting police brutality but its often criticized as being fake news or not the whole story.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:03 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneycello View Post
Yeah itís pretty ironic. The 2nd amendment was cool until the black panthers realized the law was meant for them too then it was a problem . Lol....when you get some time you should go on YouTube and look up Fred Hamptons defense speech in court. On YouTube. Kid was 19-20 and was such a threat to the fbi they had him assasinated.
Just skimmed through his Wikipedia, I will watch on youtube soon. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2018, 02:49 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Pretty interesting stuff. If you think about it, the cell phone camera is todays way of offsetting police brutality but its often criticized as being fake news or not the whole story.
But it's always the same people calling it fake news or talking about the video doesn't show the entire event. From my point of view those individuals are die hard law enforcement supportors (notice I didn't say officers because I've found officers, not involved in the particular incident, quick to call a bad shot a bad shot), or racists. I don't know your ethinicity, but for me as a black man in America the whole police shooting subject is touchy.
But it's something that needs to be discussed and rectified.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:04 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5765 Post(s)
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 150,001,000,000,000,014,417,920.00
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 

The Black Panthers were/are a domestic terrorist group veiled as civil rights activists. They and their splinter group, The Black Liberation Army, were responsible for dozens of killings of police officers during the late 60s through the 1970s.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
GhostofDempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:19 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14379 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,407,225,777,991,038,533,632.00
Total Points: 692,155,459,082,944,912,556,032.00
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:

Thoughts?
Reagan got scared when the black panther party in oak town, decided to stay strapped up, and protect their communities. Many white people were terrified, and Reagan created tight gun controls to rechain them dudes up, and disarm them.

Them dudes were way smarter and more eloquent than anti fascist phaggots we see now!
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
black, california's, laws, panthers, reagan..., ronald, strict

User Tag List