Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Maybe we should punish for wrong picks.
    Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    That'd completely change the game, man. It might make it more interesting in some ways, certainly the leaderboard would be more volatile and you'd expect to see more players exercising tactical abstentions, but I wouldn't even think about making that major a change without a large majority of players on board and probably only at the start of a new year.

As it stands, though, a player just picking the bookies favourite and DEC, CLOSE each time would be comfortably in the top 10 if they'd used a few mults and picked on every fight this year... it would be nice to find some way to seperate the players a bit more effectively.

One change we might look at would be modifying the rewards for METHOD and DETAIL picks though. I think a proposed change to 20/7/3 (R/M/D) scoring had been well received by the players, but some variant thereof could be interesting - maybe a bonus on perfect picks or 20/10/5 or even 20/10/10 perhaps. Something that would reward players for more than just picking the favourite.

EDIT: Another thought would be to lower the threshold (and possibly increase the reward) for underdog picks. Maybe bring it down to 3/1 or 4/1 from 5/1 and set the mult at 4/10 or 1/3 the odds? It might encourage fence sitters to jump on the underdog action a little more.
    Getting 0 points is already punishment for wrong picks. Taking away for wrong picks just makes the job of the guy doing the tally more work.

More fights like this week is the way to go. Even though it's more work for you guys it makes it a lot more interesting and gives other players the chance to catch up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Getting 0 points is already punishment for wrong picks. Taking away for wrong picks just makes the job of the guy doing the tally more work.

More fights like this week is the way to go. Even though it's more work for you guys it makes it a lot more interesting and gives other players the chance to catch up.
      It did work out well this week I think (even though I fucked up fairly well myself) but in part that was due to the quality of the card. It's rare to get three fairly well balanced high(ish) level fights of a weekend, so we can only hope we get more of the same to work with.

And the work probably ain't that much more - the guy who pulls all the picks together (probably siablo) will have a bit of adding up to do, but the inputting which is what takes most time will probably be about the same.

I'm still of the view that greater reward for method and detail in some way or other might be worth looking at down the line, but yeah, I'm not convinced by penalties for wrong picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Yeah. The triple header was exciting and the losses are all over the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Yeah. The triple header was exciting and the losses are all over the place.
          It was extra exciting! Hopefully we can continue the tradition when the opportunity presents it self

Comment

• reading some of the comments, why change anything? its spot on as it is, it does what it says, its a prediction game. starts getting too complicated with some of the things these guys are proposing. i dont get all the talk about penalising people for picking the favourites, surely we are just meant to pick who we think will win on each fight? if i think a favourite is going to win i shouildnt have to think, oh wait, no i will pick the underdog cause i might get more points that way. thats not exactly a prediction and it gets away from the whole point of the game.
            Last edited by Prince Madison; 04-08-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• I’m ready to see the updated scoreboard!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                reading some of the comments, why change anything? its spot on as it is, it does what it says, its a prediction game. starts getting too complicated with some of the things these guys are proposing. i dont get all the talk about penalising people for picking the favourites, surely we are just meant to pick who we think will win on each fight? if i think a favourite is going to win i shouildnt have to think, oh wait, no i will pick the underdog cause i might get more points that way. thats not exactly a prediction and it gets away from the whole point of the game.
                There's room for both, man. You want to just pick the guy you think wins each time whether you reckon it's a 51/49 fight or a 90/10 fight, fair enough, but the rules for underdog multipliers have been with us pretty much since Bob set it up last year and for players who want to get into the strategic aspects of gameplay, the use of multipliers and long picks where they reckon there's at least a reasonable chance of the upset can add to the enjoyment... all we're talking about for now is maybe - with majority player approval - tweaking them a little bit.

McNulty's suggestion about penalties for incorrect picks is I believe a bit too radical and wouldn't be practical to implement so far into the year anyway. As I suggested to him, though, we ain't claiming any kind of ownership of the picks people make, and if anyone wants to use them to create a spin-off league of their own with it's own rules I personally say why the hell not?

Comment

• Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  I’m ready to see the updated scoreboard!!!!!
                  I'll bet you are, smartass...

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  NC Uppercut, Hurd, KO 9-12, x1
                  NC Uppercut, Degale, Wide, x1
                  NC Uppercut, Williams, KO 5-8, x3

Hurd weathers the early points rounds to then come on late and stop Lara, possibly by 10 tko. J Rock will end up working the heavy combos, without catching any hard counters, and will prevail with mid rounds body work...to set up a right to the dome to finish before 8...I hope ! Lol
                  Now when it comes to DeGale, I’m on the fence. He is a much better fighter than he showed in the last Truax fight. Now I wonder if the shoulder surgery may have affected him or if he took Truax too lightly.? I believe we will have an answer tonight.
                  You're gonna have to wait a short while I'm afraid though, man. One of has to pull all the picks together and I intend to leave that to siablo or john.. and then sometime, hopefully in the next day or two I might get my lazy ass round to updating the leaderboard so I can watch my name plummet down the rankings.

Ha ha. No we'll get on it. Not tonight though!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    I'll bet you are, smartass...

You're gonna have to wait a short while I'm afraid though, man. One of has to pull all the picks together and I intend to leave that to siablo or john.. and then sometime, hopefully in the next day or two I might get my lazy ass round to updating the leaderboard so I can watch my name plummet down the rankings.

Ha ha. No we'll get on it. Not tonight though!!
                    It’s all good brother! I’m just giving you all ish! If you want me to catch up the percentages, I’m willing. Just let me know amount of correct out of totals. Feel free whenever. Also I do like the idea, for next year of course, of Point deductions. That would wreck ultimate havoc on the board. Let me reiterate...next year! Lol

Comment

• I like how when everybody starts falling lower and lower down the leaderboard they want a change of rules haha

That's some Conor McGregor shlt hahaha

Comment

Working...
                      X