Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 Minute Gypsy 'Bare-Knuckle' Fight With No Rest + Press Conf In Pub! [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a pretty good documentary about Bare Knuckle Fighting. I saw it a couple of years ago. It's a completely different contest because there are no rounds to be won. It goes on until somebody quits or gets KO'd and can last for hours. The fighter can't punch with full power or he'll break his hand and because he doesn't know how long it will last he has to gauge his energy with a whole different strategy. So it may seem like these guys are slow or have no talent but it can't be viewed like you would a normal boxing match. There are also a lot of bitter family rivalries that have run deep for generations behind the sport.

Last edited by jaded; 12-21-2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
      OK, as a Yank I just can't hate on this, thanks for sharing, it's something I never took a long look at (mind you, I had to fast forward through it), but it was interesting in an animal kinda way.

You could see the holes in their game, and limited skills, but the basic footwork and body placement was decent, I guess it has to be learned for the survival aspect of that game. Me personally, if it's bare knuckle why have the wraps? My thinking is if you want to go "animal", go pure, and if you got pvssy wrists don't get in the game.

Still, I can't deny it was interesting, although I can barely make out WTF they're saying.

I can see Fury coming from that, but I don't see BJS being cut from that cloth.
      These travellers aren't all that I know of a family called the smiths in England I'll find you the link to a proper fight where the mans got skill

Right this is what you call a traveller fight check the bald fellas skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2yPbLHbu8M

Link,works now I recommend to anyone here to watch this fight
      Last edited by PsychoPat; 12-21-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        a few observations:

1. that is not english

2. chest-beard could probably beat wilder

3. tyson fury is this culture's greatest accomplishment. think about that for a second.

4. that place might have the worst weather ever

5. saunders looks like every single one of those guys.

6. grey shirt was more handsome at the end of the fight.

Comment

Look at the state of them. When not out stealing or raping horses this is what they do to pass time. They get in to pathetic arguments over nothing, fight another pillow fisted slob and claim to be king of the gypsies.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
            That guy in the singlet had a 0% work rate. Why did he even bother showing up?

This is super low level stuff. Anyone got any footage of Fury or Saunders fighting? They would obliterate the guys in that video.
            I can't remember where i read it but apparently Saunders is a savage street fighter, not just boxing or bare knuckle.

I remember Kugan Cassius alluding to it too in an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

also are they actually Irish, they sound like someone doing a parody of a bad irish accent
              They're of Irish background but most grow up in England. They maintain some weird accent mostly because they grow up on gypsy sites and don't really mix with outsiders much.

Saunders isn't actually an Irish traveller, he's of Romani background. There was a feature on him on TV that said he was the first person of Romani gypsy background to represent Britain at the olympics. It also says it on Warren's website and Saunders confirmed it in an IFL interview.

As for Fury, i don't really think he grew up on gypsy sites. He grew up in a normal house and went to a decent school, which most gypsies don't bother after a certain age. He might be of gypsy background but certainly wasn't raised that way.

Comment

5. saunders looks like every single one of those guys.

I thought the same.
                Whats the point here? I'm ashamed for casting my sight on just low shid. Use mouthguards at least.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                  These travellers aren't all that I know of a family called the smiths in England I'll find you the link to a proper fight where the mans got skill

Right this is what you call a traveller fight check the bald fellas skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2yPbLHbu8M

Link,works now I recommend to anyone here to watch this fight
                  He's a mean kid. I don't consider him that skilled but he's a beast. All I can say is if I'm in the pub and a fight breaks out..............I'm hiding behind Baldy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Fury had about 35 bare knuckle fights if I remember correctly and BJS had around 20 but in this video he's one of the referees..

These guys are crazy, I still don't see the connection with BJS cause he runs so much, but I'll take your word for it.

Comment

these fools couldnt find a better place to fight at? LOL.. lucky no one got dropped. hitting your head on that pavement will not end up good for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X