Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was Canelo ever a come forward brawler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, he looked like an Irish version of Provodnikov against Lara a couple years ago.

Comment

He is a counter puncher and often a come forward attacker. He practically chased Lara out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        when was he ever a come forward brawler??
        Who called him a come forward brawler you still trolling as usual larry or just showing how little you really know about boxing,, i personally think its the latter

Comment

Hes naturally a counterpuncher, he only walked Lara down because he wasnt able to counter the sharper Lara who had much quicker feet. He even tried to counterpunch Floyd Mayweather which was the wrong strategy but thats his style.
          Canelo often counterpunches on the front foot. He'll stand infront of you, slip the opponents punch then land his own. Thats why come forward fighters like Kirkland, Liam Smith and Chavez are tailor made for him

Comment

According to what I've learned on boxing scene, Canelo is a brawler with bread and butter punches and no defense (obviously, because he's Mexican). GG is white and Mexican so he has great offense plus the added benefit of defense and is a smarter fighter.
            If you don't believe me you can ask Maxi and Jubei.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              when was he ever a come forward brawler??
              Canelo always moves forward regardless of what kinda fighter he is. All but once!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                Hes naturally a counterpuncher, he only walked Lara down because he wasnt able to counter the sharper Lara who had much quicker feet. He even tried to counterpunch Floyd Mayweather which was the wrong strategy but thats his style.
                Canelo often counterpunches on the front foot. He'll stand infront of you, slip the opponents punch then land his own. Thats why come forward fighters like Kirkland, Liam Smith and Chavez are tailor made for him
                So hes not counter punching on the front foot...hes countering/fighting at a stationary set.

Canelo fights stationary or backwards. Almost never forward.

So all this talk of him "running" just shows you voted for Trump and Duterte. Nothing impressive about it :/

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

Canelo fought on the backfoot and counter-punched against Angulo, Kirkland, Liam Smith, Trout, Khan, Cotto, and Golovkin.
                  So he's a one-dimensional fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    So hes not counter punching on the front foot...hes countering/fighting at a stationary set.

Canelo fights stationary or backwards. Almost never forward.

So all this talk of him "running" just shows you voted for Trump and Duterte. Nothing impressive about it :/
                    Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                    So he's a one-dimensional fighter.
                    I'm a Canelo fan, but I never said he was ATG. He is somewhat 1-dimensional, yes. Gennady is also. That's why neither are Top 10 PFP for me

Loma, TC, Usyk, Ionue, Rungvisai, etc. are more than just "straight up and down". And that's the truth

Comment

They tried to play him up as a Mexican brawler for a while, even when it was clear he doesn't fight that way. Canelo's team has done the same ***** Golovkin's team is now, where they say the other guy will run and should stand and fight.

But obviously Canelo would be *****ing stupid to stand in the pocket and brawl with Golovkin so why should he fight that way if he doesn't have to?

Comment

Working...
                      X