Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd Mayweather Jr will eventually be appreciated by fans later on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd "i'll never fight you if you are prime" mayweather will be his name in the future. he will be laughed at. bear in mind in the future there will be fighters who are like 100-0 with 100 ko's because they will be cherry picking so hard that they will make him obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      He beat all the greats from his era..He was clearly the best
      which ones were even close to their primes? i remember your list now: gatti, judah, baldomir, corrales, castillo, maidana do we laugh now?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        which ones were even close to their primes? i remember your list now: gatti, judah, baldomir, corrales, castillo, maidana do we laugh now?
        Yep cause Floyd never ages right? even if you want to go there

Gatti-wbc-140 champ(2 division champ)

Judah-ibf ww champ(2division champ)

Baldomir-(wbc-lineal 147 champ)

Corrales-(undefeated top 10 p4p)

Castillo-(wbc,lineal 135 champ)

Maidana- (WBA 147 champ)

and these are not even his top wins

Comment

Eventually he wont be news so people wont care enough. There will be other fighters they'll be preoccupied with.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Yep cause Floyd never ages right? even if you want to go there

Gatti-wbc-140 champ(2 division champ)

Judah-ibf ww champ(2division champ)

Baldomir-(wbc-lineal 147 champ)

Corrales-(undefeated top 10 p4p)

Castillo-(wbc,lineal 135 champ)

Maidana- (WBA 147 champ)

and these are not even his top wins
            you dont get special i'm old points for beating past it fighters. either they were great when you fought or they weren't. the guys floyd fought were not. his resume doesnt hold a candle to leonards even though he has more "champions" on it. quality over quanity. always.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Eventually he wont be news so people wont care enough. There will be other fighters they'll be preoccupied with.
              not true. in 50 years people will pop in floyd vs old hoya floyd vs old mosley etc....what legendary fights...the thing about floyd is that all the guys he fought like hoya, mosley, cotto, pac already had their legendary fights. the great fights against fellow prime fighters that every great fighter(but guys like floyd, vitali and calzaghe) have. i guess floyd had his against guys like castillo and baldomir? cool!

Comment

He had an answer for everything in the ring....he made it as easy as he could for himself everytime he got in the ring and was always in control...a master boxer. Hardly ever seen him make a mistake. Just Pure boxing IQ he might have been the best ever...although he had some physical flaws like brittle hands and lack of Real punching power. Floyd with the punch of a 1 punch KO artist would have been the best ever for the fans as well. Then he would have been perfect

Comment

He’s an ATG but cherry picked a lot, had a smart team and steered towards high reward vs low risk. Fought once a year at most and made a spectacle out of it, I considered him more of a showman instead of sportsman at times.
                  Good on him, got out healthy and rich.. but for me, fighters like Ali pushed themselves beyond and took risks Floyd never did, and this is why the world rate them far further than floyd.

People buy into the whole undefeated crap way to much..

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    He had an answer for everything in the ring....he made it as easy as he could for himself everytime he got in the ring and was always in control...a master boxer. Hardly ever seen him make a mistake. Just Pure boxing IQ he might have been the best ever...although he had some physical flaws like brittle hands and lack of Real punching power. Floyd with the punch of a 1 punch KO artist would have been the best ever for the fans as well. Then he would have been perfect
                    i could't agree more but in a different way...

Comment

Oh and also, I love how people use the oh he fought all these champions.. check out his record..

I mean how many belts per division are there now ? It’s a bit like Pacquiao getting his 8th weight division title at 150lbs from margarito. Fighters are able to target weak belt holders and claim there multiple weight champions *cough* Adrien Broner

Comment

Working...
                      X