Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux is Back With Trainer Jorge Rubio; No Longer with Pedro Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to go check out my boy Rubio this weekend then. He's a great trainer and has really showed me a lot myself. Very professional, very nice guy and knows his ****.

Rigo is a bit of a diva to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I'm going to go check out my boy Rubio this weekend then. He's a great trainer and has really showed me a lot myself. Very professional, very nice guy and knows his ****.

He is. I think he came into the pro game with the mind set that "I'm the greatest amateur ever. These people can't tell me how to fight." Now its looking like he's finally realizing that to make money and get the big fights in the pro game, it takes more than winning and outpointing. He needs to go for the kill and keep the crowd interested. Especially when his name is on the headline. Rubio, Roach and Ronnie Shields all tried to tell him this but he seemed too stubborn.

I like this move. He looked very good under Rubio especially against Teon Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Originally posted by PBP View Post
        He is. I think he came into the pro game with the mind set that "I'm the greatest amateur ever. These people can't tell me how to fight."
        Yes and yes.

Hopefully a return to Rubio means a little humility on Rigo's part.

Comment

Working...
        X