No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye: Carl Thompson Loss Still Fresh in My Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye: Carl Thompson Loss Still Fresh in My Mind

When WBA heavyweight champion David Haye steps in the ring on April 3 in Manchester against mandatory John Ruiz, he will not be overconfident. Haye is still having thoughts about his 2004 knockout loss to 40-year-old Carl Thompson. Haye wants to keep the loss to Thompson fresh is his head to keep himself from repeating the mistake of being overconfident in a fight. [Click Here To Read More]

Ruiz wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
      Ruiz wins.
      want to bet on that?

Comment

Originally posted by shobox View Post
        want to bet on that?
        Somehow I knew this was coming.

10k since if I were to lose I'd leave the other guy I'm betting with nothing.

D&D?

Comment

He did not get knocked out cold by thompson, he punched himself out, and could not take the pace in the middle rounds, although his chin is hardly granite....only reason thompson did not go is because he is as tough as they come, Haye threw bombs from the 1st bell, inexperience on haye's part...jurys out for me on david haye, dont like the trash he talks, but the man can PUNCH!

Comment

Is this fight gonna be on HBO?

Comment

thompson was a good tough fighter better than what he acheived in the sport haye went for the kill to early and couldnt put the tough old pro down was lookin like a great win for haye but stamina failed and was just target pactise from there on in haye has the talent to become next unisupted champ be great for boxing if he does

Comment

Haye's loss to Thompson was pretty much identical to Wlad-Puritty. The only difference was that Wlad lasted longer, but him gassing out whilst comfortably ahead was no less embarrassing. Neither man got "KTFO", but rather simply stopped.

I find it very silly when people bring up the Thompson loss as if it actually means something today, likewise when it comes to Puritty/Sanders/Brewster on Wlad's record. Both are improved, established fighters now who have put those losses behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
                  Is this fight gonna be on HBO?
                  Uh no. No one in the U.S. gives a rats ass about Haye or Ruiz. That being said, Ruiz probably wins this. Haye was fat as **** in the video I just saw of him training.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
                    Uh no. No one in the U.S. gives a rats ass about Haye or Ruiz. That being said, Ruiz probably wins this. Haye was fat as **** in the video I just saw of him training.
                    Link to the video please

Ill bet all your points Haye wins, stop ducking me.

Comment

Working...
                    X