Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my boy Goretzska like those who have seen him play?

Is it true he's like a prime Schweinsteiger and Ballack mixed into one?

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
      That for me is why that pass was good, but not great. It was Sanchez that made it look great.

I've seen that pass made plenty of times at all levels, but if Sanchez doesn't get on the end of it, there'd be nothing to talk about.

Technically, he's the best England have though.
      Yeah, I agree, it was quite a straight pass that would have ran through to the keeper in a lot of circumstances even if the same pass was played to Benteke at the other end. Sanchez trapped it and finished it in half a second. Whereas some of De Bruyne's recent passes would even have put Fat Dave from The Rat and Parrot in on goal and he'd have a chance at a one touch finish because they were angled and ball basically died in front of goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        What's my boy Goretzska like those who have seen him play?

I only saw him in that Confeds and he looked like Lampard with his late runs into the box -. But Ballack is not a bad shout. Ballack was basically Frank but not as good but more graceful.

I dunno if the Liverpool rumour is right though because I'd have assumed every team in Europe would have been after him in the summer with his contract winding down.

I assumed that Bayern Munich probably signed him behind closed doors because that's what they always do and that's why their league is a complete joke.

Comment

• Heard him linked with United and Barca.

Arsenal wouldn't surprise me as a replacement for Ozil.

Comment

• My sources tell me Timo Werner is the next German superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              I only saw him in that Confeds and he looked like Lampard with his late runs into the box -. But Ballack is not a bad shout. Ballack was basically Frank but not as good but more graceful.

I dunno if the Liverpool rumour is right though because I'd have assumed every team in Europe would have been after him in the summer with his contract winding down.

I assumed that Bayern Munich probably signed him behind closed doors because that's what they always do and that's why their league is a complete joke.
              How long you been in Manchester now?.

At this point it's fair to see you've gone completely stir crazy.

Ballack not as good as Lampard .

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                How long you been in Manchester now?.

At this point it's fair to see you've gone completely stir crazy.

Ballack not as good as Lampard .
                5 years innit.

He isn't.

There is no measurable criteria that would say Ballack is a better player than Lampard at football.

Ballack was classy and two footed but he didn't effect more games or for as long as Lampard did. Lampard is never regarded as he should be but ultimately almost every measurable statistics points to the fact that he was one of the world's best midfielders over a number of years.

And that after having West Ham fans think he was only in their team due to nepotism. A few mediocre seasons at Chelsea but he worked hard and improved exponentially.

Lampard is basically a football God. Except the miracle was his own hard work.

Ballack!? No.

I'll accept Andres Iniesta and Xavi is iconic footballers of
                His generation on a different plane but then it's 'Fat' Frank.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-29-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Jose: "Lots of credit to Man City but Pep arrived. Has England keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys the Barca keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys another one. Has Zabaleta + Kolarov. Replaces them with 3; from Tottenham, Monaco + Real. Can we buy 6/7 players at same time + invest £600m/£700m? No"

Mourinho melting down, the idiot, they spent NET more than City did, on only 3 players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    What's my boy Goretzska like those who have seen him play?

I'd agree with Sparked but he's not a complete midfielder yet. Still rather box to box type.

Tbh, I liked Julian Draxler more. (both out of Schalke's academy)

I really don't know how Goretzka will fit into Liverpool's side. I think you lot have enough runners. Even Keita is a midfielder who likes to charge forward and Liverpool seem to be the only club in for that guy.

Y'all need another/new Lucas Leiva or Xabi Alonso. Klopp would be more successful with say, Lars Bender than Leon Goretzka imo but I don't get paid millions to scout or make those decisions. So...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      My sources tell me Timo Werner is the next German superstar.
                      He's really good.

It's crazy how much talent Germany has coming through the ranks.

There's this other kid, Arp who is getting a lot of praise. Scores just about every time he appears. Still on the u17 side apparently but literally 18 goals in 19 apps for the u17 and 2 in 3 for Hamburg (senior level) at 17 years old.
                      Last edited by F l i c k e r; 12-29-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X