No announcement yet.

Is lateral movement now considered running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is lateral movement now considered running

I could have sworn that was the first thing you were taught when entering a boxing gym..You move and set angles..Running is when you are not even trying to attempt an attack like Oscar did at the end of the fight with Tito...When did Rocky movies become real life boxing? If you or your trainer can not adapt to movement then maybe you simply are not that good and need to get better. Great boxers know how to adapt in any fight!!!!

On this site? Yes

Comment

Or are you supposed to stand in 1 spot and just swing??? is boxing taught differently in different regions??

Comment

Time to let go of Canelo’s dick, Larry. The joke of Ali comparison thread was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Or are you supposed to stand in 1 spot and just swing??? is boxing taught differently in different regions??
          Im pretty sure boxing is taught to hit and not get hit everywhere.
          Of course their is going to be different styles taught in different regions.

Comment

Depends.

For example, Mayweather used a lot of movement, but he usually remained the one in control of the distance and pace of the fight. He dictated what happened in the ring. If that's the case, it's not running. That's the art of boxing.

Canelo v GGG for example is very different. Canelo was not dictating anything and was not in control at any point in that fight. He simply moved/ran because he was forced to and needed to. At no point in that fight could Canelo dictate where or how they fought.
            Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-11-2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

When a latino fighter does this it is... ask Oscar (Trinidad fight)

Comment

So weird. "Stand there and let me punch you or you are a runner!!" ****ing morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  On this site? Yes
                  ^This. I check here daily to talk about boxing but the place is so full of idiots now that it's hard to find any threads worth chatting in. It's not even the casuals that are the problem anymore. It's the hardcores that know nothing about the science but it doesn't stop them from aggressively spamming the things they wish were true.

Though I like Golovkin, I'm hoping he loses so that some of the forum trash will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    ^This. I check here daily to talk about boxing but the place is so full of idiots now that it's hard to find any threads worth chatting in. It's not even the casuals that are the problem anymore. It's the hardcores that know nothing about the science but it doesn't stop them from aggressively spamming the things they wish were true.

Though I like Golovkin, I'm hoping he loses so that some of the forum trash will go away.
                    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X