Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Peterson Quit? He Told His Trainer "IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT, IM COOL WITH THAT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Peterson Quit? He Told His Trainer "IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT, IM COOL WITH THAT"

Did Peterson Quit? He Told His Trainer "IF YOU WANT TO CALL, IM COOL WITH THAT"

and the round prior he told his trainer, "IM GETTING BULLIED AND BEAT UP, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO"

and you seen his trainer really didnt want to call it but knew lamont wanted him to call the fight.

Is that quitting to you or naw?

He was getting his ass kicked. His trainer had been trying to stop it for a round or two already and Lamont didn't let him. At that point, he knew his trainer was correct and the fight needed to be stopped. Should he have gone out and continued the unnecessary head trauma with no chance of winning the fight?

Comment

are you people deaf? he never said that stuff. in both round 6 & 7 he said "im good" to hunter

some other dummy the other day made up a bunch of quotes, where in the hell did you hear im getting bullied and beat up?
      Last edited by HanzGruber; 01-22-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I categorize it as "retired"!
        When you know you have no answers, you took a fight that no one else wanted, you helped this kid and he helped you years ago to prepare (sparring) you need to know when your done!
        To bad everyone on this site can't get in the ring and take some shots just experience what boxing really is about.
        Peterson is a good pro and great kid but why get seriously hurt when it is obvious that your being outclasses and battered?
        He prepared to box and that didn't work, when he fell inside Spence was far to strong.

Thurman? Garcia, Porter and the rest of the welters aren't exactly getting in line...........

Ray

Comment

"If you wanna make the call, make the call." Saying that when your trainer already told you what "the call" is can be interpreted as conceding, without context of the rest of the conversation. However, if Barry Hunter doesn't make the call, I have no doubt in my mind that Lamont would've kept fighting. It's not like he refused to get out of the corner.

After he made that statement, Peterson said something similar to "I'm still here, so stop talking like that and give me some instructions." Peterson was ready to go out there and keep fighting.

I disagree with, "and you seen his trainer really didnt want to call it but knew lamont wanted him to call the fight." You took one statement and ignored all the others and what was happening in the fight up to that point. To say Barry Hunter didn't want to call the fight is foolish, and like I said, ignores the rest of the conversations they had between rounds.

If you're desperate to say he quit, and want to be technical with the word, then fine. He knew what his corner wanted to do, and accepted it. However, he doesn't lose any respect from me, because he fought his heart out. Quitting that warrants a loss of respect is when a fighter gives in before giving it their all. There was nothing more for Lamont to give.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            are you people deaf? he never said that stuff. in both round 6 & 7 he said "im good" to hunter

some other dummy the other day made up a bunch of quotes, where in the hell did you hear im getting bullied and beat up?
            lmfao motherfucker do you even watch the fight, he said something to that affect now is it a 1 on 1 verbatim quote? probably not but the "jist" of it is exactly the same.

I hate people like you who know whats up but you will use techincality to try and write off and play it off lmfao

"he said "naw N A W" not "nah N A H" so this is obviously fake news"

idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              lmfao motherfucker do you even watch the fight, he said something to that affect now is it a 1 on 1 verbatim quote? probably not but the "jist" of it is exactly the same.

I hate people like you who know whats up but you will use techincality to try and write off and play it off lmfao

"he said naw not nah so this is obviously fake news"

idiots.
              its not about technicality, he flat out never said that "i dont know what to do" lol wtf
              the guy who posted above you is spot on. He knew he was losing but after 6 and 7 he clearly wanted to keep fighting

he said IM GOOD twice

Comment

Before the fight was stopped I could have sworn I heard Peterson say "I'm done".

Comment

bunch of conspiracy mofos in here.. lets call this quitgate.

some quits are understandable and this was one of them. other quits like rigo, walters and duran on the other hand are certified hoe tactics. when u quit because your ego is hurt thats different than quitting to preserve health.

Comment

Spence was even going a little lighter on peterson that last round, he knew they were gonna stop the fight. It was great to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X