Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence retires Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence would be a heavy favourite over Porter but I don't think it's an absolute given that he wins. I think Porter could match Spence for strength and energy level and he's more seasoned at the top level even if he does have losses on his record. Spence has the faster hands and hits significantly harder, but I could see Porter pulling something off if he fought a really smart fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      I don't think his conditioning was poor. Rather, Danny Garcia is very strong and therefore Porter couldn't throw him around like he does with other opponents.

I think they knew this too coming into the fight which is why the adapted their style into a sort of hybrid between his usual style and boxing from the outside and working their way in.

In fact I think Danny is bigger and stronger than Porter kinda like how Brook was actually bigger stronger than Spence, the difference was stamina, conditioning, sustained body attack, and sheer force of will.
      Danny is bigger and stronger. The reason they employed the half outside half inside style was because of garcia's holding i'd bet. But porter still showed poor conditioning in his stamina, whether it was overtraining or due to draining, team porter should address the issue before porter's next fight.

Comment

Porters style would play completely into how Spence fights.

Spence would annihilate him Porter, probably a lot worse than Thurman or even Danny.

Comment

Porter aint going out like Bundu or Peterson. But i defiently getting Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            Danny is bigger and stronger. The reason they employed the half outside half inside style was because of garcia's holding i'd bet. But porter still showed poor conditioning in his stamina, whether it was overtraining or due to draining, team porter should address the issue before porter's next fight.
            Poor stamina? He threw 250 more punches than Garcia. While moving and feinting a ton. He should’ve gotten more tired but he was able to keep it up for most of the fight. What they need to work on is weaving in my opinion and landing cleaner punches.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              like that midget wasn't boxing him good for 4 rounds right
              That was 4 years ago and this was that "midget" that you dudes cling to for hope that Crawford will lose. If that's all you got....best of luck to you, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                He was drained, not saying it wasn't a good win but he was coming down from 160. I'm very confident Crawford would beat Spence.
                If he was weigh drained, so was Spence (who walking around weight is 170 lbs). Spence will be Crawford...heck Thurman, Porter and Garcia would give Crawford a go.

Those top boys at 147 are not Gamboa, Postal, Indongo or Horn...they actually will fight back.

Comment

Working...
                X