• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Did you watch the press conference? Obviously you didn't

He was dropping the n bomb left and right

NSAC, NYSAC, CAC, ect should all pass a new rule that fines African American, Puerto Rican, etc boxers from using that word, period. Implement a 3 strike rule with heavy fines/suspensions

It's the only way to start eradicating the word from professional sports
      if you drop the N word you also need to drop black, being that that's what it means. niger is a latin word that means black. It would be hard to impliment

Comment

I watched it he didn't saying anything that bad especially compared to his past pressers

troll thread

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
          your watching a sport where people get punched in the face or even can get killed and your worried about some foul language?
          Yes, I'm worried about symbolic language.

Getting punched in the face is not justification to be a walking stereotypical embarrassing caricurture.

Boxing has a nationalistic symbology that goes back the days of Jack Johson, Joe Louis, Muhhamed Ali, etc. When those ATG black fighters won a championship, the African American community won a championship. When Joe Louis got punched in the face and defeated Schmeiling during WW2, that was great symbology not only for the AA community, but for the United States as a whole.

When Ali spoke about civil rights and the inconsistencies in the US, even though he got punched in the face for a living, his words resognated GLOBALLY

Adrien Broner is an embarrassing, blaxpoitation, stereotypical, walking silly ass caricurture that symbolizes what's wrong with young youth in the African American community and a big reason why there's a high racial tension in this country..

I will fight and die for someone like Broner, but damn it enough is enough. My ancestors didn't fight for the right to not be classified as 3/5 of a human being for Adrien Broner and his ilk to allow the many historic racists to say "Told you so"

If PBC and other promotional companies can enforce dress codes and other rules, damn it they can bar historically offensive language as well.

The Athletic Commission needs to fine these ******s using this language in this environment on that platform. Enough is enough
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 11-19-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
            if you drop the N word you also need to drop black, being that that's what it means. niger is a latin word that means black. It would be hard to impliment
            It won't be hard to implement... When Angel Garcia lost It at that presser and was dropping the n bomb left and right, they put a muzzle on him. Notice he hasn't slipped since.

It's simple. Say the word and you get fined... Keep saying it, you get suspended. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              Black privilege strikes again.
              Not as much as White Privilege in American getting away with actual crimes you clown

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                Niger is pronounced with a strong I sound, at least that's how you pronounce the name of the country. Sounds different from the N-word.
                Well I don't know, using the N-word and variations of it, is one of those silly things blacks can tackle amongst themselves. It's as stupid as trying to legitimize the use of Ebonics in mainstream discourse....

Comment

I'm not black but I see what you mean, man. I doubt anything is done. Broner can still sell out the Barclays even after proving on many occasions he's nowhere near elite. Him being the trainwreck that he is is unfortunately probably a major part of his ability to draw.

Comment

Broner's schtick doesn't work in front just media. Unless he has a room full of his people and young fans, his schtick is never going to work. This really sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I'm not black but I see what you mean, man. I doubt anything is done. Broner can still sell out the Barclays even after proving on many occasions he's nowhere near elite. Him being the trainwreck that he is is unfortunately probably a major part of his ability to draw.
                      And this is what's wrong on so many levels in this country

Check your karma

Comment

Working...
                      X