Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Conor do so good against Eddie, but was terrible with Khabib?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Conor do so good against Eddie, but was terrible with Khabib?

I think Conor beats Ronda for the biggest decline in fighting performance.
    Ronda went from destroying opponents in seconds, to losing in 48 seconds to Amanda Nunes.

Conor, went from destroying p4p rank 1 Jose Aldo, and toying with and knocking Eddie Alvarez out, to getting absolutely mauled, embarrassed and outclassed by King Khabib.

whats the deal? Did he slack off? Is it Khabib's style of fighting? Ring rust? or is Khabib simply just that good
    Or maybe all of the above

Anyway, If I was Conor I would have retired after UFC 205. Retire as double champ with plenty of money.
    More people will remember him for his losses to Mayweather and Khabib, as they sold way more PPV's and were more recent.

He is getting absolutely roasted on social media, and people are questioning his man hood.

Khabib is better/stronger/more solid than Eddie while Connor has been slowing down and looks partially shot.

Comment

McG has become a fat rich man. He got civilized & that’s the worst thing that could happen to a fighter. Mickey from the Rocky saga told me that.

Comment

Khabib is just much better in what he does.

Comment

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the career of Eddie Alvarez. He had already put a LOT of time in the sport and his best days were behind him. He had 3 surprising wins when he can to the UFC, but if you consider what those guys have done since, not so surprising.

Comment

Alveres also said **** wrestling and tried to box with Conor, once he got clipped it was goodnight. Stupid gameplan.

Comment

1. khabib is better than alverez
              2. 2 year lay off
              3. scared of being taken down by khabib

Comment

Game planning. I think Conor underestimated Khabib and got beat for it.

Mendez was also a wrestler and look how Conor handled that. Nate isnt a wrestler but submissions master and look how he handled that 1st and 2nd go around.

I think he just under prepared and didnt expect Khabib to be that good. Rematch, I think the result is different.

Comment

It looked as if Alvarez fought Conor like a man worrying more about his opponent's next move too much rather than his own, and Conor had that same mindset when he faced Khabib. The other points about Khabib>Alvarez are also valid.

Comment

Because Alvarez is past his prime, he's been in a lot of wars through out the years. He also didn't utilize any wrestling at all against Conor.

Khabib is younger, fresher and a better, stronger wrestler than Alvarez ever was. Even smaller Chad Mendes is a better wrestler than Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                    X