Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Better At Cutting Of The Ring- Cotto Or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an easy one to call. It's hands down Cotto. His feet are a lot faster and additionally, he's more adept at fighting off the front foot by stalking his opponents by while walking them down and backing them up.

On the other hand, movement tends to give Canelo a lot more problems. He's more adept at playing the counter punching role by fighting off the back foot as his opponents take the fight to him.

This defensive posture sets up many traps for his challengers; While at the same time conserving a lot of energy in the process by pacing himself and fighting in spurts whenever is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I kinda agree here, let's see the so called boxing rebirth of Chavez Sr. cut off the ring against Lara or Andre Ward.

I'd say Kovalev cuts off the ring as good as anybody today, very versatile fighter.
      LOL Lara sucks compared to Golovkin.

Comment

Only one right answer and that is GGG

Cotto lol

Comment

At these weights Cotto is in there against taller lengthier guys, so it's a lot harder for him to cut off the ring. Ask yourself this, would Yuri Foreman or Trout be able to move around as freely against Golovkin? The answer is obviously no.

Comment

GGG, more relentless and better appliance of pressure. He doesn't waste many steps and is very efficient with is footwork.

Comment

GGG at 160 is more effective at cutting off the ring because hes longer and he just hits harder. When he lands body shots he stops guys in their tracks.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              for what 2 rounds? maidana did it almost nonstop so he must be better than cotto. in fact maybe he's the best ever at cutting the ring off?
              Maidana is just more physical and awkward. The overhand right, the way he roughed Floyd up is what won hIm rounds.

Comment

Golovkin is the best I've seen with a mid-range style, usually guys will rush and extend an arm around the opponent to pin them against the ropes. Golovkin's agressive footwork is amazing.

Comment

Should not even be a fcuking question. Hands down GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I kinda agree here, let's see the so called boxing rebirth of Chavez Sr. cut off the ring against Lara or Andre Ward.

I'd say Kovalev cuts off the ring as good as anybody today, very versatile fighter.
                    kovalev is not really a pressure fighter, he prefers to dart in and out of range almost like a big, orthodox pacquiao

Comment

Cotto has cut the ring off against better movers. Golovkin is good at cutting off the ring but people don't want to admit the fact that his abilities have not been tested against good opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X