Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will genetic engineering make boxing better or worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will genetic engineering make boxing better or worse?

Its gonna start in China soon, most chinese are for it and the chinese government arnt held back like in the west, im talking about designer babies. Parents will be able to select the traits of their children.

Before long someones gonna select traits in a baby that will allow him to excel at boxing, expect super fast, super explosive durable big boxers, expect it to be like a wolf trying to race against a greyhound but more extreme. Its going to be unfair on the non genetically designed, and as for the enhanced vs the enhanced it will be like 2 explosive fast, iron jawed george foremans going at it.

I for one am looking forward to it!

However Im not looking forward to all the men that look like brad pitt, with big wangs, Einstein level IQ's and better athleticism than Usain bolt! How will I get all the Hoes?

If they walk on their hands all the time they will be unstoppable.

Comment

A little fiber goes a long way. Nothing fancy really...just a few carrots and I find I poop so much better.

Comment

Unfortunately you cant genetically modify heart and passion 2 huge things needed to be world class

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          Its gonna start in China soon, most chinese are for it and the chinese government arnt held back like in the west, im talking about designer babies. Parents will be able to select the traits of their children.

Before long someones gonna select traits in a baby that will allow him to excel at boxing, expect super fast, super explosive durable big boxers, expect it to be like a wolf trying to race against a greyhound but more extreme. Its going to be unfair on the non genetically designed, and as for the enhanced vs the enhanced it will be like 2 explosive fast, iron jawed george foremans going at it.

However Im not looking forward to all the men that look like brad pitt, with big wangs, Einstein level IQ's and better athleticism than Usain bolt! How will I get all the Hoes?
          Could VERY well be.

ALSO, humanoids are also being worked on. WE WILL get to a point where it will be a hard to distinguish a robot from a human:

Imagine a humanoid boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

There are too many nuances to what could possibly make a good boxer for the designer baby thing to really work, tbh. Beyond that, a lot of the traits that almost make for good boxers actually end up making great athletes for other sports.

For all the talk about an explosive fast, iron-jawed "George Foreman", I can see a ton of other sports who would drool all over an explosive 6'3 220lb explosive athlete, especially one that shows charisma.

Tim Howard, goal keeper for Everton/USMNT, is 6'3 210bs, Mike Trout, ballplayer for the LA Angels, is 6'3 230lbs, Larry Fitzgerald, WR for the Arizona Cardinals, is 6'3 220lbs, and Jay Cutler, QB for the Bears, is llisted 6'3 220.

Outside of basketball (where being only 6'3 is generally a barrier at the NBA level) a "designer baby George Foreman" could make $100m playing soccer, baseball, football or other sports (not to mention the endorsement potential of being a star athlete in any of those sports) and the path to $100m as a boxer is far more treacherous.

And that's about the same case from heavyweight down to about middleweight/junior middleweight (football, baseball, and soccer are likely to scoop up near all of those designer babies).

From welterweight down, the designer baby may have some momentum, i guess; outside of Floyd, Cotto, Manny, and the occasional matchup (Brook-Khan), the money isn't really there to make the risk/reward make sense, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              A little fiber goes a long way. Nothing fancy really...just a few carrots and I find I poop so much better.
              Those infamous GM laxative carrots perhaps?

Comment

Very interesting concept to begin with and it does draw up a lot of question marks. It would be interesting to see if China starts to excel in sports as a result of GM.

It does pave the way for some potentially nightmarish scenarios though of actually breeding humans for a specific purpose in order to extract as much utility out of them as possible, in their predetermined field.

You run into issues of losing an acquired self-identity and having a predetermined future even prior to birth. Basically it would reduce humans to the level of purpose-bred farm animals but perhaps there would be some sort of social support structure which would put a twist on it and reinterpret reality in some sort of positive way: "You have been fortunate enough to be genetically modified. No need to try to decide what you want to be because we already know what you're going to be best at."

Comment

You know gene therapy is already very controversial and barely legal. It's used to help cure/avoid genetic conditions and I really don't think it'll be used anytime soon to make people superior athletes. Also, the human genome is extremely complex, you can't just decide what you want to look like, also a lot of risk involved.
                  Last edited by SalimShady1212; 08-21-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

All the genetically enhanced humans will enslave the regular humans and have them fight one another for their ruler's entertainment. For the first time in history boxing will be in one league and heavily regulated with no PEDs, one champion per division and no more televised mismatches. Genetic engineering will save boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X