Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Fans keep underrating boxers and overrating punchers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Uzi would win 'cos, well, Uzi can box a bit, as well as punch a bit too, whereas Plant can only box. I definitely underrated Plant's boxing abilities and his nerve--I didn't think Plant would have enough to keep Uzi away--but more than anything else, I was persuaded by the thought that Uzi is more proven on the world-stage... if Plant had lost (and even if he'd put up a good showing), everyone would've been saying, 'Boxing is all about levels' and it wouldn't have been so surprising.

In addition, it wasn't only boxing skills that won the fight for Plant, it was more a case of everything going right for Plant that night, and everything going wrong for Uzi. Plant had the better gameplan, the right mindset, the more motivated corner, etc. This was definitely a winnable fight for Uzi.

OP is right, though, boxer beats a puncher most of the time. What I found more surprising, in that vein, is how many people on here couldn't see how the Fury v Wilder fight was going to go.

Comment

Working...
    X