Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruiz was an undisciplined fat ass. But even in shape he still loses to that style.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruiz was an undisciplined fat ass. But even in shape he still loses to that style.

His feet were just as slow and plodding for the first fight as they were for the rematch.

The weight didn't make a lick of difference and people are making a bigger deal of it than it is. Even if he got himself into perfect shape with infinite cardio Joshua still beats him 100 times out of 100 if he sticks and moves like he did today.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-07-2019, 08:10 PM.

Yeah, even though the Ruiz-Parker fight was close and Ruiz arguably won, there were entire rounds in that fight where Parker showed that if you can fight disciplined and stick and move Ruiz has no answer for it. Ruiz has fast hands and he's pretty decent at cutting off the ring but his feet just aren't fast enough to really hunt someone down who's on their bike.

Still thought, putting on weight like that is a really bad look, and I seem to remember after the Parker fight Ruiz basically took a year off spending his money. Dude is really undisciplined and it's disappointing.

Comment

I agree that coming in so overweight is a bad look.

But it wasn't the reason he lost like a lot of people seem to think.

Comment

We'll see in the trilogy

250-255 is where Ruiz needs to be.

Comment

Of course

I think anybody knew that someone that can box and move for 12 rounds has a high chance of beating Ruiz. He can fight one way and will only have success if you play right into his hands or just can’t fight the way you need to.

The question was if AJ can do it for 12 and he did. So credit to him. It’s not rocket science. He just needed to do the basics and not engage with Ruiz. If Ruiz can’t adjust, that’s on him

Can’t help but think Ruiz made AJ’s job much easier though. if you can only fight one way and clearly struggle with people boxing like that, then coming in even fatter and sluggish is just making it more difficult.

Ruiz wasn’t in the condition to even make AJ work to implement his style.

I bet AJ had harder sparring when practicing that gameplan.

Comment

If Joshua fights a perfect fight then, no, Ruiz can't beat him no matter what he does. I agree with that.

But I don't think Joshua was perfect. A few times he landed a decent 1-2 and went in and missed with the right hand again. Joshua's movement was good enough, but it was hardly elite. He still got lazy in the clinches and when the ref didn't step in straight away he looked at least troubled. Ruiz' big chance was to make him pay when those things happened and he didn't (or couldn't).

Whether that was down to weight or not we'll never know. But we know he didn't give himself the best chance.

As I said before the fight, the weight may not be the real problem. Ruiz can fight carrying a lot of weight... but the increase points to a lack of training and he's acknowledged that now. Lack of training results in a whole host of problems, including stamina, timing, reactions, fight plan.

Comment

Ruiz should have took the same drug Lance Armstrong big baby and fury took.atleast he could have went the distance and outboxed Joshua lol

Comment

The thing is besides for a few moments Joshua didn’t even really have to work for it. A guy who is known for gassing out moved for 12 rounds and looked fine. Ruiz could have atleast pushed Joshua and made him work for it

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  His feet were just as slow and plodding for the first fight as they were for the rematch.

The weight didn't make a lick of difference and people are making a bigger deal of it than it is. Even if he got himself into perfect shape with infinite cardio Joshua still beats him 100 times out of 100 if he sticks and moves like he did today.
                  That’s obviously not true since he’s already beaten Joshua once.

Comment

Ruiz is better then Ortiz where was that comparison !MOst you guys watching the live work out said Ruiz looked great now it’s once again changed because the results don’t fit the story ?
                    Ha
                    Last edited by REDEEMER; 12-08-2019, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X