Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Charlo's Handlers Turned Down 'Very Lucrative Offer' For Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very embarrassing.
    I thought he really believes he can beat the Mexican superstar.
    He wants retirement money first because he knows he can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
      Charlo is really in no position to turn down any offers. Shame that he’s almost 30 and still, not a single fight worth mentioning.
      Well he knocked out that one mufcka that got knocked out this past weekend by that new mufcka

Comment

Charlo is the biggest joke in boxing today. These sisters claim to be lions, man these are soft poodles.

Pathetic Boxing Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Canelo could have fought Golvokin years before he fought him. But he chose to fight in his made up 155 pound division.

Kovalev was way past his prime when Canelo fought him. The other two belt holders were much more dangerous. Cotto was not anywhere near his prime. If you can't see that I'm not even going to waste time debating it.
          Yes the old tired "could've fought Golovkin yrs earlier bs"(yes you wanted Canelo to fight a much bigger Golovkin when he was at a much bigger disadvantage,of course nobody should ever demand divaG sacrifice anything fighters like Canelo do regularly to be great),well guess what numnuts nelo was already fighting the best champions available while ggg was fighting cans.

Canelo had just Beaten the LINEAL mw champ(something ggg will never accomplish & refused to go down a single lb to fight Cotto, despite offering Rosado a cw,& dragging up wws to 160 or dragging up old prospect amatuers like rolls to cw's),if your too much a hater that you can't see that,is why I won't waste my time.

Canelo somehow was supposed to fight ggg yrs before he won his 1st mw title vs Cotto(when he was young af & nowhere near his prime yet as well as MUCH smaller than ggg who has been getting sick before weigh ins for yrs because he struggles to make 160)Only in bizarro world Canelos haters live in can anyone criticize Canelos career choices til age 29. Hes already in conversation of being considered atg,1st champ fighter since Dick Tiger to jump 2 divisions to win a belt at lhw,1 of only 4 in history to win belts at jmw,mw,&lhw. Canelo can retire today & still be considered the best of his generation.
          Last edited by kushking; 01-22-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            “We had an amazing, amazing offer for Charlo, a very lucrative offer for Charlo, and he turned it down,” De La Hoya told Fight Hub TV during an interview posted Tuesday to its YouTube page. “Well, Charlo didn’t turn it down, but his agent or whoever, whoever’s behind PBC, I don’t know.”

When asked how much money Golden Boy Promotions offered for Charlo to face Alvarez, De La Hoya replied, “I’m not gonna say the offer.”

Yeah, umm...SUSPECT!
            It would be foolish for De La Hoya to pubically say what he offered Charlo because that then becomes the minimum starting point for negotiations with every other fighter. It is a bad business move.

Comment

Maybe Charlo did turn down the offer, maybe there wasn't an offer in the first place. Oscar's word isn't worth ****.

Comment

Originally posted by willieb24 View Post
                Ok, De La Hoya made a lucrative offer to Charlo but his handlers turned it down, yet he is not sure who his handlers are "Haymon or who ever he is" hmmm.
                This is what Oscar said: "... his agent or whoever, whoever’s behind PBC, I don’t know.” Haymon neither promotes fights nor does he manage fighters. He labels himself as an "advisor." So unless someone has specific knowledge the question is who makes the final decision to fight someone or not -- the fighter, the manager, the promoter or the advisor? It is a legitimate question. Do you know?

We do know that in Canelo's case, it is Canelo himself who makes the final decision as to who to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  He does not have to state a number. I just feel that he's suspect because he won't state a number. Hearn was very clear about what he offered Charlo to fight Andrade. Why can't Oscar do the same? I'm not calling Oscar a liar, I just feel he's suspect.
                  its better not to state a number. For future negotiations.

What’s really puzzling is Charlo doesn’t push his team to negotiate with Canelo, GGG, Munguia or Andrade’s teams.

He’s content fighting bums on his side do the street. At least Crawford is vocal trying to get those pbc welterweights.

Comment

Pure bull **** 💩.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      To back up his claim that it was lucrative. Why should anybody believe him?
                      Why put a number he would have to start at in public. Better to just say he made a good offer.

What’s really puzzling is Charlo doesn’t push his team to make offers to fight canelo, ggg, jacobs, munguia and Andrade

Comment

Working...
                      X