No announcement yet.

My Book about Mike Tyson, Revelation, is Released

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Book about Mike Tyson, Revelation, is Released

If you've seen my signature line on my posts, you may already know this, but I have a book that was just released yesterday. I'm hesitant to self-promote it too much, but hey, I also want to sell some books.

It's called Revelation: An Apocalypse in Fifty-Eight Fights. It follows the professional fights of Mike Tyson with 100-word prose poems. It combines the voices of the fight game — commentators, journalists, referees, other fighters, and yes Mike Tyson too — with the voice of an Old Testament prophet. Ultimately relating Tyson to a modern-day Elijah — climbing the mountain to do battle, and climbing back down to a world of depression, anxiety, and alienating silence.

You can read excerpts from it here, here, and here.

It is definitely a unique on how we can talk about boxing. And, I hope, one way to share a love of boxing with people who aren't necessarily boxing fans themselves. (My poor editor - he said Google ads has tracked his search history related to the book and now he's bombarded with ads for Everlast and whatnot.)

A lot of time, energy, love, and research (it has like 15 pages of notes!) went into the book. Joyce Carol Oates has praised it, and I think it's pretty good, too. It would mean a lot to me if you'd take a look and consider picking up a copy.

Information on ordering is available on the press's website here. Thank you.

< /shameless self-promotion >

Outstanding! Enjoyed reading your column. Congratulations on getting published.
    Last edited by wansen64; 01-16-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by wansen64 View Post
        Thanks so much!

I forgot to mention, my column this month is consonant to the book. It answers the question people often ask when I say I've written about Mike Tyson: what is my favorite Tyson fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

I bought one.
          THANK YOU! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
            THANK YOU! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it sometime.
            I'll make a thread when I get it read.

Best of luck to ya.

Comment

Congratulations, man, and best of luck!

Comment

Thanks for the support and kind words!

Comment

This thread should get a few bumps before it's allowed to fade.

Comment

Originally posted by wansen64 View Post
                    can it be bought on kindle?

Comment

Working...
                    X