No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki-Helenius Likely For March 7 At Barclays Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Not so sure about Breazeale ,he can take a punch I would favor him over Kownacki and actually Wilder said tonight he would to but that's because he has a win over him ,I actually see Breazeale enforcing that size on him in a big slug out . But the fight itself should be entertaining ,Helenius can fight if hes not caught early not so sure his fire power matches his chin but it is better then Hammer .
    Robert Helenius got KO'd by Gerald Washington and Johann Duappaus.

Comment

Kownacki is a fan favorite kind of fun fighter to watch but not quite champion material. If drive and heart alone won titles he'd be unified but unfortunately there's more to it than that. I'm sure he'll make a good gatekeeper and decent living doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        I didn't attack his being nordic and only used the term because of his pseudonym you overly sensitive crybaby.

Nordic Nightmare - Nordic ***** ....surely you get that?

My intentions had nothing to do with racism or xenophobia. I was just **** talking as a Kownacki fan....also a bit of a Helenius hater, never understood why that guy gets any coverage at all, he's horrible.

Have a nice day..........*****. C'mon, loosen up, it's funny.
        Nah, Richard Pryor was funny. Lenny Bruce was funny. George Carlin was funny. It has nothing to do with being sensitive. It has everything to do with calling out stupid, ignorant comments. Where's the punchline? I fail to see how your comment was funny.
        I don't give a damn what anyone says but I felt the need to respond since you seem to make repeated immature and ignorant comments that have absolutely no merit or purpose other than dumping on anyone who isn't from the USA. You come across as a typical narrow minded American who has to stoop to discriminatory and baseless attacks on cultural identity as an argument. Where is the justification or rational behind your simple minded trash talking?

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
          Nah, Richard Pryor was funny. Lenny Bruce was funny. George Carlin was funny.
          I agree, those guys are funny, professional funny men, legendary professional funny men. I'm not exactly trying to put my handle next to their names there bud.

It has nothing to do with being sensitive.
          It's got everything to do with being sensitive you ninny. I enjoy a harsh ribbing and don't mind receiving one myself....because I'm not an insecure, sensitive, crybaby.

Why is my word I didn't mean to offend on racial or xenophobic lines but rather specifically the fighter I dislike good enough? Because your a womurn and like any womurn y'all gotta let me know your feelings any goddamn way.

It has everything to do with calling out stupid, ignorant comments. Where's the punchline? I fail to see how your comment was funny.
          How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or equivocation will undo us.

Ain't no punchline in a fart noise either is it? And those that would use a fart noise in their comedy, they're not exactly going for intellectual or knowledgeable are they? Ya ****in' fruitcake.

I don't give a damn what anyone says but I felt the need to respond since you seem to make repeated immature and ignorant comments that have absolutely no merit or purpose other than dumping on anyone who isn't from the USA. You come across as a typical narrow minded American who has to stoop to discriminatory and baseless attacks on cultural identity as an argument. Where is the justification or rational behind your simple minded trash talking?
          You come of as an emotional little toad's pizzle with all the manhood of a child and none of the levity.

Anyway, if you want to continue, I've done it properly:
          https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...6#post20328356

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            I had high hopes for Helenius a few years back, but it just didn't work out. I think he'll give Kownacki all he can handle, and may even win. But I don't think either of these two will ever be champ. Hate to admit that because I like both of them as fighters.

I dunno, maybe. Gerald Washington viciously KO'd Helenius last year though. I think he's damaged goods by now. If Kownacki can't get rid of him, he has no chance against elite competition.
            I guess that could be said of either fighter if they can't get rid of their man in this fight.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              I had high hopes for Helenius a few years back, but it just didn't work out. I think he'll give Kownacki all he can handle, and may even win. But I don't think either of these two will ever be champ. Hate to admit that because I like both of them as fighters.

Originally posted by Skinny kinny View Post
              I had hope at first from highlights but once I saw him in a whole fight he was so stiff and mechanical the beatings were inevitably going to come and then they came
              There are many upper level HWs who are stiff, no footwork etc etc... yet that didn't stop their rise to the top. Look at Wilder as a classic example. Only a big punch, nothing more. IMO, right at a key point in Helenius career, the Chisora fight, he blew a shoulder out. And ironically, I think the shoulder went out during the ring walk when he threw that big punch/fist pump into the air. The long layoff was something he just never quite recovered from. I think if he were honest, he would've done some things differently for that fight.

Comment

Working...
              X