No announcement yet.

can duran become a good trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can duran become a good trainer?

I believe he worked with Shane Mosley in a win in Panama and a loss for the title. Could you see Duran being effective?

A great trainer maximizes his fighter's potential. This is done by forcing awareness.

Because of this, a gifted athlete does not automatically become an effective trainer. He USUALLY lacks the ability to place himself in the shoes of the developing athlete and therefore cannot understand what his fighter needs next.

It'll be interesting to see the types of fighters Duran selects to train.

Comment

Just from watching video of him getting in the ring to work with different fighters it's obvious that he has a lot of knowledge to pass on.

Whether he has the patience or good communication skills needed to be a good trainer I don't know, though.

Comment

He's certainly got the boxing brain, ring savvy and IQ to be a great trainer. He's also still sharp and articulate. Whether he has the right teaching mentality though is a whole other thing.

I think he could potentially be, but it'll take time either way. Will be great if he does become a top trainer.

Comment

If you go on you tube there are a lot of video's of him working with shane Mosley and the gentlemen in this particular vid. Each seems honored to be working with Roberto Shane did lose his title Bid and is on the wrong side of 40 but I heard he acquitted him self quit well. Enjoy the Vid and do a search on you tube there are many more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKfoBlhrCZw

Comment

Depends on the fighter.

I think greats like Duran, need to train a fighter that gets them excited, And that they believe can be special.

Or else they just won't have the patience.

Comment

Working...
            X