Curtis Stevens vs Schiller Hyppolite may be close for Kov/Pascal undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Stevens vs Schiller Hyppolite may be close for Kov/Pascal undercard

If he wins, a Lemieux fight with Stevens would definitely be talked about

Also Mikhaylenko may be fighting Ray Robinson on the undercard. TR probably went a different way with Zewski. His best win is against Narh and he fought Porter/Solomon back to back.
    Although not a done deal yet, the likely HBO-televised co-feature for the Sergey Kovalev-Jean Pascal lightweight title rematch on Jan.30 at the Bell Centre in Montreal will pit up-and-coming welterweight Dmitry Mikhaylenko (20-0, 9 KOs), 29, of Russia, against Ray Robinson (20-2, 9 KOs), 29, of Philadelphia. Mikhaylenko is in the same Egis Klimas managerial stable as Kovalev and featherweight titlist Vasyl Lomachenko.

Mikhaylenko is coming off his best victory, an eighth-round knockout on Aug. 8 of former interim junior welterweight titlist Johan Perez. He also owns wins against Sechew Powell and Ronald Cruz. Robinson is riding a nine-fight winning streak since decision losses to former titleholder Shawn Porter and undefeated Brad Solomon.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ing-negotiated
    Last edited by Hougigo; 12-16-2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I remember seeing Hyppo on a undercard once and thought he looked like a KO waiting to happen very loose with his manners but that was awhile ago

RR is a tougher fight than Zewski

Comment

I take it this will be at SMW?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          I take it this will be at SMW?
          Should be...don't think Schiller gonna make 160, so either max SMW, or cw...but probably 168 because he's fought there before

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
            I remember seeing Hyppo on a undercard once and thought he looked like a KO waiting to happen very loose with his manners but that was awhile ago

RR is a tougher fight than Zewski
            I'v never seen this hippo guy before. He doesn't look good... just some guy who beat a bunch of journeyman. And that neoplitan fight, he KO'd a guy who was also getting beat up by a journeyman in his first loss.. and he's 20.

Stevens going to win despite being a midget

Comment

NVM, it's dead

Comment

HBO weren't interested

But I bet he'd still be on the shortlist for Lemiuex... even though he hasn't won since April 2014 or fought since late 2014

Comment

Comment

Who the Fuk is that

Comment

Working...
                    X