Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Fury vs Wladimir Close Enough To Deserve A Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my scorecard for the fight 96-96

everyone lost ,what a crap fight

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      A 12-0 wipeout ?

It was as one-sided as Wlad vs Wach
      Wlad - Wach was one of the biggest beatings I saw in HW boxing where it went to distance. Wlad-Fury was nowhere near..

Wlad-Fury was closer to pacquiao - mayweather IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        Wlad - Wach was one of the biggest beatings I saw in HW boxing where it went to distance. Wlad-Fury was nowhere near..

Wlad-Fury was closer to pacquiao - mayweather IMO...
        Wach was a punching bag. I was just joking with that comparison.

I have rewatched the fight and honestly, Wlad probably didn't win a solid round. If Wlad had Fury's performance I'm pretty confident the remaining scoreline would have been 120-108 or 119-109 or something similar.

Comment

Idk that anyone is suggesting the fight was close enough to warrant a rematch, but its often customary for a long standing champ to get one when they lose.

Randomly, there are several things business-wise I'd like to see ended in boxing & one of my top ten would surely be rematch clauses doe. Certainly nothing is paying as much as a Klitschko rematch for Fury, but I don't think guys wishing to fight for the title should be made to submit to rematch clauses to get the title fight to start with.

Comment

Just because the fight wasn't close that doesn't necessarily mean there shouldn't be a rematch. Considering how long Wlad was the champ I think there should be a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Fury lands 34 more punches across the entire 12 rounds and it's a wipeout? You NSBrs can be so delusional. A guy lands 86 punches in the WHOLE fight and it's a spectacle to behold, no rematch necessary. The only explanation for it is fear. Come on, Fury can do it again, don't have so little faith.
              I agree with this post to some extent. The fight was not particularly competitive but it wasn't like Fury did some Bradley/Rios type of **** on him.

And given the fact that Wlad was the reigning champion for over a decade, I feel he ought to be given the opportunity to try and win the titles back. Hopefully the fight will look differently but I'm worried about whether Wlad is flexible enough for that.

Comment

I don't think the actual fight suggests Wlad deserves a rematch as tyson was fairly comfortable, but I think he deserves the rematch because of how much he has dominated the division for 10 years, he has earnt the right to make up for that performance.

I hope Fury wins again though.

Comment

For sure, it was a close fight, could easily have been a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    The magnitude of the event may be enough to warrant a rematch I admit. Fury upset Wladimir and became the first person to defeat him for a decade. I'm interested in seeing the remach just to see if Wladimir can somehow adjust and come out victorious which would solidify him as an ATG for even the most staunch of doubters, I think.

But lets remove the heavyweight titles, let's remove reputation of the pugilists.
                    Let's just focus on the actual fight itself as a standard boxing match. Was the first fight close enough to deserve a rematch, assuming we just view it as a standard fight and take away all the glitz and glamour surrounding it?

If it was just a normal fight with no belts on the line, would you think a rematch is completely justifiable or would seem totally unnecessary based on how the first fight played out?
                    I had fury winning by 2 clear rounds, and those were the 2 rds he buzzed Klitchko with short left hooks as Klitchko reached in. It wasnt a pretty win at all though, as a matter of fact it was one of the worst HW fights I have ever seen, there was a round where I think Fury landed 2 and Klitchko 1. As a boxing fan I would rather see them move in different directions but Klitchko deserves a chance to redeem himself after a decade of dominance.

Comment

I don't mind.

It was a terrible fight, but they were both landing very little and the rounds were all there to be won with one or two clean shots.

I had it 116-111, but the rounds were all pretty close. It was just one guy doing a little work while the other did very little.

Comment

Working...
                      X