Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top ten Pound for Pound (collected lists)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Campesino View Post
    I'm a Canelo stan and I think Canelo at 5 is absurd, . If any Mexican belongs in the Top 5 P4P it is Juan Francisco Estrada, .

I could understand having Canelo in the 8-10 slot. After Canelo makes Cotto take a knee it'd be plausible to rank Canelo in the Top 7 or so.
    IDK, I think Beating Trout, Angulo, Lara and Kirkland is a very solid run. Sure he lost to Floyd in there but everyone does. I think 5-7 is a good spot. I was surprised no one else has him up there. If he beats Cotto next that should erase any doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIP STACCIN View Post
      hmm cant believe i compleelty missed the pascal fight,,,wtf how on earth did i miss that fight???but even then kovalev still has a lot of hype behind him,,,i mean he was getting tagged by pascal and hurt on numerous occasions,,,just from watching the highliughts,gona watch the whole fight right now
      nice logic. Mayweather was hurt by Corley, old ass Mosley and Marcos "Sugar" Maidana, maybe we should exclude him from p4p list?
      Last edited by From Russia; 05-25-2015, 02:47 AM.

Comment

god damn Rigo is so f'ing overhyped holy ****

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Canelo before Roman? Why even top 5?
          I think Canelo has fought the better opponents out of the two and has fought tough foe after tough foe, his only loss is to Mayweather. He beat Trout after Trout beat Cotto, he beat a game Lara when everyone wanted to see that fight. Gonzalez will be up there soon, but he needs some names on his resume Estrada is a good name but he needs a few more.

Comment

Transnational Boxing Rankings Board

1. Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
            2. Roman Gonzalez
            3. Manny Pacquiao
            4. Wladimir Klitschko
            5. Timothy Bradley
            6. Carl Froch
            7. Guillermo Rigondeaux
            8. Juan Francisco Estrada
            9. Sergey Kovalev
            10. Gennady Golovkin
            did I just read.

Since the start of 2014 GGG has defended his world title 5 times, all by KO. In the same timeframe Bradley has lost to Pacquiao and drawn with Chaves. It BAFFLES the mind to have Bradley 5 places above GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              Ward should not be on there because he hasn't fought forever. He will go right back on after he fights again (next month).

Lomachenko shouldn't be on there yet. If he fights and beats Walters most definitely.
              Yeah, this is just being silly. You don't get into the P4P top ten after four or five fights, without one of them being against an actual champion...sorry, he fought one champion so far and lost. His best win is against what was nothing more than a prospect. Not even a number 1 contender really.

He's beaten one guy that could be considered a good win. To put it in perspective, imagine people putting Roman Gonzalez in 7 years ago after his first title win. If that had been the case, everyone would have laughed it out the door.

Some people still say he shouldn't there or that high, which is embarrassingly absurd if they turn around and say a guy with 4 wins and 1 loss in his whole pro career without a single over even one champion, should be. Give the guy a chance to show his wares and deserve to be in there on merit, not there because of media hype.

So a vacant titlist, whose best win was a unproven prospect, with one loss and only four wins in his entire career should be on there, while Gonzalez, an undefeated, three division, seven year champion with over ten defenses and many top champions beaten in each of those divisions, including P4P guys, former greats, and current champions, either shouldn't be or shouldn't be up the top? Grow the **** up.

He lost his first title shot, and only has one vacant title win over what was unproven prospect himself. Chill out with the P4P talk people. Give him a chance to walk before you say he's already flying.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                did I just read.

Since the start of 2014 GGG has defended his world title 5 times, all by KO. In the same timeframe Bradley has lost to Pacquiao and drawn with Chaves. It BAFFLES the mind to have Bradley 5 places above GGG.
                Must be giving him a ton of credit from the Marquez win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                  I think Canelo has fought the better opponents out of the two and has fought tough foe after tough foe, his only loss is to Mayweather. He beat Trout after Trout beat Cotto, he beat a game Lara when everyone wanted to see that fight. Gonzalez will be up there soon, but he needs some names on his resume Estrada is a good name but he needs a few more.
                  Do you know anyone other than Estrada? Maybe it's simply that you don't even know who he has fought, and think that if you don't know them, he hasn't actually beaten anyone?

For instance, do you know who Takayama is? Ever even heard of him?

He is a 4 x champ and the current unified champion at 105.

Even Sosa wasn't long off beating Ulises Solis, another great champion and Giovanni Segura. He lost to Yaegashi, but Gonzalez went and beat him too.

What about Niida? The longest running champ at 105 with about ten straight defenses over four or so years from memory when he lost to Gonzalez.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Must be giving him a ton of credit from the Marquez win.
                    Semi understandable considering Marquez is a long time top P4Per and was coming off a KO win over the FOTD. It trumps GGGs wins over 30 complete nobodies...but Bradley did then go and lose to Pac (not that he already hadn't), so....? A bit silly really.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Semi understandable considering Marquez is a long time top P4Per and was coming off a KO win over the FOTD. It trumps GGGs wins over 30 complete nobodies...but Bradley did then go and lose to Pac (not that he already hadn't), so....? A bit silly really.
                      Yeah it's kinda tough with Bradley, just depends on how you look at it. For me, he's looked good once out of his last 5 fights - JMM in 2013. Other than that two losses to Pacquiao, what should have been a draw against Ruslan (ref incorrectly ruled first roundknock down a slip) and a draw against Chaves. But that was a great win considering JMM just KOd Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X