Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats various untested contenders, will he be considered a top ten ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wladimir beats various untested contenders, will he be considered a top ten ATG?

Got put on ignore for replying to Tunneys post about Ali being ****e (in the thread about Wlad being great no less) because he was knocked down by Cooper and Wepner, while Thompson and Chagaev absolutely 100% wouldn't have been, and that's fact, therefore supposedly proving some point that was just too deep to be ridiculed by the likes of fools such as myself.

I'm sure it has something to do with proving Wlad is better than Ali, despite being dropped many, many more times himself and being KTFO by subpar opposition in his prime, but let's not let that little fact get in our way shall we?

Anyway, because I couldn't finish my reply there, I thought I'd have to start a whole new thread about it, just so he could see it. I assume the ignore was accidental of course, and that he'd be delighted to learn of my reply. I'll try not to accidentally click the ignore button for him like a little biatch.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    100% agreed, Freedom, I'm fed up with these piss-taking ****s trying to denigrate Wlad's achievements. People can say what they want, but Holyfield never fought Alex Leapai. No one can ever deny that.
    He did get knocked out by James Toney though, ATG heavyweight, who was subsequently 'beaten' by Sam Peter, Nigerian ATG heavyweight.

Sam Peter>James Toney>Commander Vander

While most people thought the 40 year old 5'9" former middleweight champion beat the huge, modern Nigerian ATG super heavyweight Sam Peter (size matters ok), Toney beating Commander Vander but losing to Peter four years later, proves the greatness of the Nigerian ATG heavyweight. It shows that while he could only knock Wlad down three times en route to a close loss, he would be a dominant champion in older eras. Those clubbing swings, terrible (read 'no') footwork, no defense, no offense except for rabbit punches would really fit in with the poorly skilled black and white era of the Ali's, Fraziers and other unskilled midgets.

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Got put on ignore for replying to Tunneys post about Ali being ****e (in the thread about Wlad being great no less) because he was knocked down by Cooper and Wepner, while Thompson and Chagaev absolutely 100% wouldn't have been, and that's fact, therefore supposedly proving some point that was just too deep to be ridiculed by the likes of fools such as myself.
    No, I mentioned that to counter what you said about all of Wladimir's opponents being bums.

2008 Thompson, a 6'5" strong, durable awkward southpaw would have been a tough fight for any heavyweight and any time.

Klitschko's opponents were NOT bums, that's my point.

And the heavyweights of the past that you worship were not gods, they were just men.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
      No, I mentioned that to counter what you said about all of Wladimir's opponents being bums.

2008 Thompson, a 6'5" strong, durable awkward southpaw would have been a tough fight for any heavyweight and any time.

Klitschko's opponents were NOT bums, that's my point.

And the heavyweights of the past that you worship were not gods, they were just men.
      Quote me then....go and find that quote where I said all of his opponents were bums, and paste it in here. I'll wait happily.

I think you'll find I said very much the opposite. You just have trouble with perspective and comprehension.

Nonetheless, find the quote in which I said 'all of Wlads opponents are bums' and paste it here.

Comment

Wlad has a case of being a top 10 heavyweight no due to longevity imoo, his resume is far from great but so was Holmes and Tysons

Comment

Lewis is better than both Klits.

Comment

I'll do it for you, because this is the only post in which I even talked about Wlads opponents and I know you won't do it, because you're a little turdly ****stick and because it's not there and you know it.

First part of post deleted, because it has no relevance to Wlad or Freedoms BS.

"I think Wlad is already borderline top 10 if not in it already, so if he did that, then yes, he would make it. We still have to see what these guys do themselves though. Just beating them doesn't mean anything, particularly not in an historical sense of ranking someone among the ATGs.

They have to show themselves to be legit champions or just excellent fighters by the rest of their own career, on its own standing. So, we really won't know and can't say anything about it, even if he did beat them, until they have proven to be worthy opponents that would actually mean something historically.

People forget these days within the heavyweight division, that unless a contender proves himself great by having a great career of his own accord and doing big things himself, other than just getting to a ranked position with a win over some unknown, then fighting Wlad, it's not anything special, nor even good. It's just another random win over a bad quality opponent. They have to show themselves to be good, with their own great career. Not many are doing that at the moment. It's not as if guys like Fury, Wilder, Pulev etc are lighting the division on fire with their own quality wins, hard fights and great skills.

Take Solis for example. He has already proven to be a serious dud. He had potential as an amateur, but it was never realised as a pro and he has turned out to be absolutely nothing through his own laziness. So if one were to use him as an example, it's not a good win, because he's not a good fighter as a pro. Vitali destroying him in one round showed that pretty quick!

Whereas someone like Chris Byrd proved himself a top opponent with his own excellent career, with a long reign as a top ranked fighter, becoming a champion, and excellent wins over great opponents himself.
            "

Ok, so that is my full and only post talking about it. Like I said Freedom, you seriously lack comprehension skills, because what you took to be me saying "all his opponents are bums" actually reads "other than just getting to a ranked position with a win over some unknown, then fighting Wlad, it's not anything special, nor even good. It's just another random win over a bad quality opponent." and that is talking about the possible future opponents ie people he hasn't even fought yet, so I'm not saying his opponents were bums because he hasn't even fought them yet. Comprehend?

The context of that quote is that unless a fighter proves himself outside of his one shot at Wlad, and I'm still talking your hypothetical future opponents here, and doesn't do anything besides get a shot and lose, then it's not a significant win. So, if he fought Fury and beat him, then Fury goes on to have a great career afterward besides that shot, then it's a good win. If he doesn't, then it's not a good win. Do you comprehend? Future opponents, and having their own excellent career besides a Wlad shot. Explain how that equals, in your brain, that "all of Wlads opponents are bums"?

I then even go on to mention very specifically that his opponents weren't all bums, because I talk about one of his best wins and why it was good, and how it could be proven by these possible future opponents.

Any of this getting through yet?
            Last edited by BennyST; 05-20-2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Tunney/freedom has me on ignore too. It's the only way he can cope with dissenting opinions.

Now I used to be a wlad hater ,I'll admit it. Way too boring for me to ever enjoy. I realise now he is a true top quality fighter and he is a top 20 atg hw, however the quality in his Resume is just not up to top 10 standards. No fcking way. I don't care how many thompsons povetkins and Sam peters he's knocked out. Those fighters are absolutely sub standard compared to past hw contenders and that's a fact, you only need to watch them to see this.

No fault of wlads though. He's in shape, motivated even at this age, and he gets the job done.

And as for his ko losses, I think he has more than redeemed himself but the fact stands that he did get stopped by guys like purrity sanders and Brewster, which does mean that any decent hw puncher would have a solid chance at stopping him.

and it's laughable how freedom brings up Wepner and cooper dropping Ali to Try to make wlads losses look less bad. Without even going into who were the better fighters, the difference is Ali got up and won. Wlad didn't.
              Last edited by Suckmedry; 05-20-2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

And it's even funnier how he fcks off like a little girl everytime he is confronted with a strong counter argument to his bull****

Comment

To me its not that Wlad's record is flawless, its that the careers of the HW "greats" he's dismissed relative to are absurdly overrated and romanticized due to politics and nostalgia.

So many people have these guys who barely weighed 200 lbs and padded much of their record fighting literal bums (as in hobos) beating Wladimir that their attempts to conceal their obvious political motivations become comedic.

Comment

Someone in that thread said Wlad is the true #1 P4P.

Everyone knows Floyd is the P4P king.

Comment

Working...
                    X