• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    CHIN

Is that racist?
    You eat dog **** sandwiches

filthy bastard...

Comment

I know it's only a quick look at one of their drills so I'm not gonna make any conclusion about their whole training but to me it looks like Khan is still relying on his legs for defense instead of moving his upper body and bending at the waist.

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      How tall is Hunter? He looks like a beast in the ring compared to Khan lol.
      Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Khan is 5'8.

Virgil is like 6'3.
      Khan is 5′ 10″.

Comment

nothing much has changed, he still looks the same

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I know it's only a quick look at one of their drills so I'm not gonna make any conclusion about their whole training but to me it looks like Khan is still relying on his legs for defense instead of moving his upper body and bending at the waist.

Khan is 5′ 10″.
          It takes time to change a fighter. Hunter ain't gonna have him fixed in like 3 months

allow Mr Segal to explain

"What does it take, to change the essence of a man?"

"The time to change"

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            Khan is 5'8.

Virgil is like 6'3.
            Khan is 5'10

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              It takes time to change a fighter. Hunter ain't gonna have him fixed in like 3 months

allow Mr Segal to explain

"What does it take, to change the essence of a man?"

"The time to change"
              Steven Segal, the king of douchbags!

Comment

While he does look to be getting better defensively, im not a fan of his holdong his arms out when pivoting around the opponent. Spcifically with his holding his(both) arms out, he may just find himself pivoting right into somebodys hook, especially if said somebody is looking for it (khan pivoting with his arms out.) Would like to see khan have his fist protecting his chin in the direction that he is pivoting. Gotta start somewhere tho.

Anybody know if khan has been working on his jab?
                Last edited by ~AK49~; 12-12-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  While he does look to be getting better defensively, im not a fan of his holdong his arms out when pivoting around the opponent. Spcifically with his holding his(both) arms out, he may just find himself pivoting right into somebodys hook, especially if said somebody is looking for it (khan pivoting with his arms out.) Would like to see khan have his fist protecting his chin in the direction that he is pivoting. Gotta start somewhere tho.

I've always rated Khan's jab myself and feel he's at his most effective when he throws it alot. However, I'd like to see him vary his punches, throw more hooks and give give his opponents more angles. People talk about Khan's chin as his biggest weakness but IMO he can be too predictable and hasn't shown the ability to think on his feet and make adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post

I was thinking that, does anybody know why he's doing it? I can't really see many advantages with it, I can just see him running into another big punch...

As for his jab, he's always had a very good jab, it's just he doesn't use it often enough to outbox people, he's always looking to be exciting and throw power shots... hence walking into Garcia's left hook

Comment

I wouldnt say these are 'defensive drills' as such...

Seems like its more about maintaining distance to land his own punches, and not getting trapped on the ropes (which is suppose is defensive), which is something ive seen a lot of coaches (including i think roach) use.

If Ward is anything to go by then Khan will eventually be learning lots of different and more specific methods to avoid being punched. Gonna take time though!

Comment

Working...
                      X