Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. McGregor - Nearly 3 Million Watch Illegal Streams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. McGregor - Nearly 3 Million Watch Illegal Streams

Showtime had great concerns over the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor pay-per-view being affected by illegal streams. Last week, the network secured an order which took down over 40 illegal streaming sites. According to a recent report in Forbes, digital platform security company Irdeto estimates that nearly 3 million people watched more than 200 illegal streams.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i wonder how many watched may vs mac for free

Comment

Its way more than 3 million trying to watch it illegally

Comment

This is a gross underestimation of the global total. They did a better job than usual of trying to DDOS the sites, but it was still available, as it always is.

Comment

80% of people who watched streams simply wouldnt watch the fight if they couldnt stream it.

people who are determined to pirate will simply not pay for a fight and just miss out if they cant find it...thats why I find these concerns amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
            this is a gross underestimation of the global total. They did a better job than usual of trying to ddos the sites, but it was still available, as it always is.
            i bet ufc hired some top hackers to shut down streams lol

Comment

Would be great to see how this number compares to the number of folks that stole Mayweather-Pacquiao, but it's pretty clear that, though they didn't get everyone, they did end up drastically limiting things. Under 3m people (no idea how many folks stuck to each stream, or if you had one person jumping around to multiple streams) on just over 250 thieves is what it is.

One thing to note though; Kodi is now on the general public's radar as a thieving platform that should be looked into.

Comment

Yes'sir, my friends Firestick was fully operational for the Mayweather-McGregor fight.

Money spent on just food and drink. It was ideal and perfect.

Comment

For all the hating ppl who claimed they wouldn't watch or pay for this fight I guarantee there were millions of you trying your hardest to find a stream. And I can guarantee that many people will do the same for Canelo/GGG. Hardcore and casual boxing fans can say all they want about not paying for mismatches and crappy fights, yet they don't even spend money on good fights and the numbers back it up. Just look at the recent good fights on PPV. Kovalev/Ward, GGG/Jacobs and Crawford/Postol. I wont even metion Canelo's PPVs because they have be crappy mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by americanlegend View Post
                    i wonder how many watched may vs mac for free

I did.

The fight turned out to be a lot better than what I thought it would be though.

Comment

Working...
                    X