Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSB Boxing: Guess What Team the Cuba Domadores Are Going Up Against in the Playoffs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    lock down lol but then i am sure they do it everywhere else too.
    That's what I think. They must be on extra-tight security when they're in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      With time, and the aging of the Castro brothers, the communists are gradually losing their grip. There was a time when the government had some of the best internal intelligence in the world. They ran a tight ship. In the early days, when they had more believers in the system, people would snitch on their co-workers, neighbors, etc. I read a book years ago, about this man who spent 27 years in a Cuban political prison. To this day, he's not certain what landed him there. The best he could come up with was that he might've said something "counter-revolutionary" at work one day.
      Every neighborhood has a CDR, and the people running the CDR keep tabs on everyone in the neighborhood, who looks like is making money on the side, who has tourists coming to their house etc etc. And this snitches are the ones that land people in jail. My dad almost got a huge fine or jail time because everytime family comes from america we stay at his big house and people at the CDR were getting jealous of his success so they told the goverment that the tourists that stay at his house mess with the kids in the neighborhood etc etc and almost got him in a bunch of trouble. This is different now, but back in the day man even if you didnt go to your revolutionary CDR meetings they would keep an eye on you.

Comment

Every neighborhood has a CDR, and the people running the CDR keep tabs on everyone in the neighborhood, who looks like is making money on the side, who has tourists coming to their house etc etc. And this snitches are the ones that land people in jail. My dad almost got a huge fine or jail time because everytime family comes from america we stay at his big house and people at the CDR were getting jealous of his success so they told the goverment that the tourists that stay at his house mess with the kids in the neighborhood etc etc and almost got him in a bunch of trouble. This is different now, but back in the day man even if you didnt go to your revolutionary CDR meetings they would keep an eye on you.
        I remember hearing and reading about those guys. As with everything else, I guess they've lost their clout.

BTW, I picked up that ESPN "Cuba" issue from some guy on eBay. I never got around to buying one at the newsstand. lol Good shit, bro!

Comment

I remember hearing and reading about those guys. As with everything else, I guess they've lost their clout.

BTW, I picked up that ESPN "Cuba" issue from some guy on eBay. I never got around to buying one at the newsstand. lol Good shit, bro!
          lol did you read the story on the rigo and perez story. it had some info i had not seen before. very interesting

Comment

lol did you read the story on the rigo and perez story. it had some info i had not seen before. very interesting
            Saw the article; haven't read it yet. Just got the mag today. Nice pictures. lol Didn't know we had a soccer player in MLS. lol

Comment

Saw the article; haven't read it yet. Just got the mag today. Nice pictures. lol Didn't know we had a soccer player in MLS. lol
              i dont follow mls but i knew a few years back america chivas had a cuban by the name of maikel galindo that was pretty good from what a hear, he was a scorer or whatever you call that. i onyl watch soccer when the world cup commences

Comment

i dont follow mls but i knew a few years back america chivas had a cuban by the name of maikel galindo that was pretty good from what a hear, he was a scorer or whatever you call that. i onyl watch soccer when the world cup commences
                lol That's the only time I watch soccer, too! I love me some World Cup, bro. The excitement is like on...eleven. lol Anyway, it's nice to know our guys even play soccer well. It's not like soccer is even talked about in Cuba.

Comment

lol That's the only time I watch soccer, too! I love me some World Cup, bro. The excitement is like on...eleven. lol Anyway, it's nice to know our guys even play soccer well. It's not like soccer is even talked about in Cuba.
                  they are trying to develope soccer talent down there, but it takes time. they show a lot of euro league games to get the kids interested and pick up the sport at a young age and i think their team is improving. but boxing and baseball are first

Comment

Working...
                  X