Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Joshua Changed His Tune About Fighting Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    I find it hard to say a guy who agreed to short money (ultimately) didn't want the fight. Even with the 12.5M offer, he still would have had to sign a contract with no date, no guarantee that he was Joshua's next fight, with no rematch clause in the case he lost, and face the same network issues that existed. The contract presented wasn't a I want to get this fight done type of contract.

Don't get me wrong, I fault Team Wilder for not calling the bluff sooner. As soon as the $15M flat fee came in they should have agreed to terms and requested a contract. That would have put Hearn in an awkward spot.

To me, both sides DID NOT want this fight. Wilder wanted it, as Lewis said, Team Joshua did not, as Lewis alluded to. Team Wilder didn't do what they needed to do to force the fight.
    I honestly believe both sides are playing everyone, but that’s my opinion. I would never say Wilder doesn’t want this fight because he is the B-side and he would end up making more than 6-7 times his listed payday. So yes that’s motivation enough.

For me this was a weird negotiation, this fight should be made with ease due to both fighters financial market value. There shouldn’t even be any delay from Wilder side. If I was managing him and I really wanted this fight, for this year then I would make sure that 12.5m dollar deal was signed, sealed and delivered. I would call Hearn bluff right away, coming back with 50m isn’t calling anyone bluff once it was rejected.

As much as I don’t think Hearn wanted that fight now! He has made 2 offers to Team Wilder, so even though I don’t think he wanted that fight now I still think he went out of his way to make that deal for whatever reason. This is why am blaming both sides for messing this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I honestly believe both sides are playing everyone, but that’s my opinion. I would never say Wilder doesn’t want this fight because he is the B-side and he would end up making more than 6-7 times his listed payday. So yes that’s motivation enough.

For me this was a weird negotiation, this fight should be made with ease due to both fighters financial market value. There shouldn’t even be any delay from Wilder side. If I was managing him and I really wanted this fight, for this year then I would make sure that 12.5m dollar deal was signed, sealed and delivered. I would call Hearn bluff right away, coming back with 50m isn’t calling anyone bluff once it was rejected.

As much as I don’t think Hearn wanted that fight now! He has made 2 offers to Team Wilder, so even though I don’t think he wanted that fight now I still think he went out of his way to make that deal for whatever reason. This is why am blaming both sides for messing this up.
      No one in boxing thinks that the 2 offers that Hearn made were "i want this fight now" offers. So I don't know how he "went out of his way to make that deal". Did he work hard to convince Team Wilder to take a bad deal? Yes. I just find it hard to blame Team Wilder (that much) for essentially not doing enough to make sure they got the bad deal that was being offered to them.

Comment

• I remember differently Lennox

Lennox Lewis ducked all the best fighters in their prime and only fought them once on the downside especially after being knocked out by Oliver Mccall.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
          Lennox Lewis ducked all the best fighters in their prime and only fought them once on the downside especially after being knocked out by Oliver Mccall.
          I wouldn't say FIGHTERS as Bowe ducked him . And he fought everyone else who was available but Byrd and Sanders though i dont see him losing to those guys .

Lewis however avoided a prime Mike Tyson by stalling his own career bc Tyson knocked him out cold once prior to turning pro just look up Big Joe Egan who was there .

Lewis also acts like he fought everyone and the fights automatically happened ? lol

Hes criticised Joshuas resume even before he fought Klitchko yet go take a look at Lewis resume with 20 fights ? lol

He really needs to not say anything about Joshua bc its never intelligent , at least that i recall .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-29-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            No one in boxing thinks that the 2 offers that Hearn made were "i want this fight now" offers. So I don't know how he "went out of his way to make that deal". Did he work hard to convince Team Wilder to take a bad deal? Yes. I just find it hard to blame Team Wilder (that much) for essentially not doing enough to make sure they got the bad deal that was being offered to them.
            Whilst his next offer is for a later fight (April 2019), I seriously cant fault his offers. When I want someone 3 belts, someone that I think would duck or is ducking me then money wouldn’t come into it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              What is this guy talking about now ?? lol

Wilder cant be WILLING to do anything if he doesnt sign the contract . SMH

Lewis HAD to go to the U.S bc he was getting 8,000 fans in the U.K !
              He had to go to the US because all the big names were in the US and for a long time British fans associated Lewis with Canada and didn't consider him a British fighter. I've never heard a fighter who says outright he doesn't want to fight abroad - it's cowardly.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                He had to go to the US because all the big names were in the US and for a long time British fans associated Lewis with Canada and didn't consider him a British fighter. I've never heard a fighter who says outright he doesn't want to fight abroad - it's cowardly.
                Well you just contradicted yourself .

The money is in the U.K for Joshua now as it was for Lewis in the U.S ...

The difference between Joshua and Lewis is Lewis was not a very popular HW ( keep in mind i was there before you tell me otherwise ) i wasnt born yesterday and i can see Lewis takintg digs here bc hes a jealous character and always has been .

He was also suppose to be Joshuas original trainer /Manager yet declined ,how could that have worked when he doesn't want anyone to surpass him ? lol

Without Holyfield and Tyson across from him he did not sell well .

Joshua IS A major cash cow in the U.K with only 22 fights yet hes suppose to be a world warrior already ? lol

P.S Joshua was to fight Klitchko in Vegas before he decided not to go through with the rematch and Wilder NEVER fought outside the U.S as a champion is he a coward too ?
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-29-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• An all time great speaking the truth. Joshua and Hearn never wanted this fight. Its obvious if you take the blinders off which so many Brits seem unable to do. I dont like either guy and think they will be irrelevant in a few years and never heard from again. BUT, Wilder wanted the fight. So that, if for no other reason, makes me respect him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Of course they're playing.
                    It's all hype, as very posted before.
                    Wilder just said he isn't going to fight Joshua now; but you and I don't believe grown men take the huff over business.
                    It's all a game, they'll fight and get paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
                      You are the perfect example of a brit gay Jay. You completely ignore what this article is about and talk shït on Lewis because his opinion doesn't align with yours

Comment

Working...
                      X