Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter of the year candidates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rigo-Loma ends in a dominate fashion the winner gets it, Terrence Crawford for being undisupted or the man that Roman Gonzalez (I don't know how to spell his name sorry)

Comment

Rungvisai for me.

Depending how you scored the fights GGG could be a lock. I had him losing to Jacobs and beating Canelo. If you had beating both then that is 2 great wins for him.

Berchelt was unlucky to get injured instead of fighting Salido. If he had won he would have had 3 top 130lb names on his record this year in Vargas, Miura and Salido.

IF Rigondeaux won uncontroversially you would be looking at one of the best single wins this decade, maybe even this millennia (i dont think that is hyperbole either). I dont think he doess, but if he does, he would win fighter of the year for me.

Comment

Emanuel Augustus

Comment

Brian sutherland

Comment

Thurman for me then Crawford and Wilder

Comment

GGG - Beat a massive Jacobs and then went on to dominate Canelo, if not for poor judging he would have 2 wins against the 2 other top middleweights

Comment

crawford .

dominated his 2 fights

Comment

Andre Ward.

Comment

Golovkin and Rungvisai are the 2 that first spring to mind.

I had GGG beating Canelo, so wins against Jacobs and Canelo make a good year.

I actually had Gonzalez winning the first fight against Rungvisai. But it was a good competitive fight, and he won the 2nd emphatically.
                    I'd say he was the front runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      Golovkin and Rungvisai are the 2 that first spring to mind.

I had GGG beating Canelo, so wins against Jacobs and Canelo make a good year.

I actually had Gonzalez winning the first fight against Rungvisai. But it was a good competitive fight, and he won the 2nd emphatically.
                      I'd say he was the front runner.
                      Good post man, yeah you echo the feeling I had, thought Gonzalez just edged it in the first fight but it was very close, obviously Rungvisai was brilliant in the second fight and was the clear winner.

He is certainly in contention for Fighter of the Year though I personally give it to GGG because of a win over Jacobs and what should have been over Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X