No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Congressman shot at baseball game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Of course they are going to bring up the issue of gun control every time some fucker goes on a shooting rampage. It makes perfect sense to do so.
    "bring up the issue of gun control" is putting it mildly. i specifically said hijack because that's what they'll do. will the media bring up the issue of their fake news potentially radicalizing this shooter? yea probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      Freedom is subjective.
      Not hardly.

I think having to be 21 until you can purchase alcohol is lulzworthy.
      Non sequitur.

But I do feel that way too. If they can draft you at 18, you should be able to dtink legally at 18.

Logical fallacy.
      Facts aren't fallacy.

And that rebuttal contained facts relevant to his argument.

As I say many times, don't use big words you don't first understand. It only proves ignorance on your end. That, and insecurity about said ignorance.

Comment

As predicted, the liberals call for more gun laws.....

"Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) called for more gun control immediately following the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) at a congressional baseball practice this morning in Alexandria, Va.

McAuliffe then stated that "we lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence" before correcting the figure to 93 when a reporter pointed out the misstatement."

Source, full story:
        http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/14/virginia-governor-terry-mcauliffe-calls-gun-control-after-steve-scalise-shooting

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Not hardly.

Non sequitur.

But I do feel that way too. If they can draft you at 18, you should be able to dtink legally at 18.

Facts aren't fallacy.

And that rebuttal contained facts relevant to his argument.

As I say many times, don't use big words you don't first understand. It only proves ignorance on your end. That, and insecurity about said ignorance.
          It clearly was a logical fallacy because correlation=/= causation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

This is a fallacy because it does not take into account other possibilities. To illustrate this more clearly, substitute the letters with premises:

If it rains, the street will be wet.
          The street is wet.
          Therefore, it rained.
          There could be other factors at play, such as demographics and income.

Comment

Conjecture.

Look, if you're going to call fallacy on others, best avoid it yourself.

What I said was a fact. The US cities with the strictest gun laws have the most violence.

It is what it is. Quit trying to argue it and accept reality.

Comment

Why then didn't the Great Depression era see the highest crime rates?

Comment

CNN reports the shooter is dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/alexandria-virginia-shooting/index.html

Comment

Conjecture.

Look, if you're going to call fallacy on others, best avoid it yourself.

What I said was a fact. The US cities with the strictest gun laws have the most violence.

It is what it is. Quit trying to argue it and accept reality.
                  Still a logical fallacy doe.

Comment

Why then didn't the Great Depression era see the highest crime rates?

Probably demographics.

Comment

Still a logical fallacy doe.
                      I drew no correlations whatsover. I only cited the facts. Now YOU speclauted on correlations, but i sure didn't.

But keep saying facts are fallacy. Stay stupid and ignorant for all I care. I can't fix your stupid.

I'm not going to argue this further.

Comment

Working...
                      X