No announcement yet.

Haymon and DAZN???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    I love that it'll allow his fighters to fight more frequently, but I don't like that they'll be in front of a much smaller fanbase
    What do you mean? How man subscribers does DAZN have? They have to have at least 3-5million with all the money they are giving out

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      he can’t do that. Hearn has exclusive contract with DAZN. Just like he can’t go to Espn to do a deal because TR had an exclusive output deal.
      But I thought exclusive deals hurt boxing and it was illegal. Didn’t Haymon just get sued by practically everyone in boxing because of this and the Ali act

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Wasn’t Fury Klitschko on Sky Sports? Doesn’t Hearn have an exclusive deal with sky like he does DAZN.
        Appreciate you responding though, put your vote in.
        No, Warren has confirmed Hearn doesn't have an exclusive deal with Sky box office and fights can take place on there without his involvement. So yeah, it took place on Sky Box Office but Eddie was not involved.

This is totally different on DAZN. They gave Matchroom $125 million per year to put fights on their streaming service. And then they bought rights to the WBSS outside of the Matchroom deal.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Lmao comparing the biggest sport in the world soccer to boxing is your first mistake. That has no relevance to boxing. Why would you even compare PL to Boxing? Question is how much are they paying for BOXING?

They simply don't have the money for that and neither does haymon.

Lol underestimating Al again. The guy who just offered AJ and Eddie 50 million dollars. Combined with DAZN he could definitely do it. All he would need to do is bring in someone like David Haye to solve the problem you’re talking about.
          You don't get it do you. How on earth would a DAZN UK app take off when you have BT and Sky already showing the boxing the British fans already care about.. the British boxing lol and all of the content British fans want to see in other sports? You can't launch a ****ing app in the UK just with Al haymons boxing are you ****ing nuts?!? DAZN and al would be laughing at you right now if they could see this.

DAZN cannot compete in the UK with BT and BskyB.. they don't have the money to buy the TV packages that UK sport costs!! Whats so hard to understand about that? You need those packages from other sports to supplement the boxing and vice versa!

But no.. your right. dAZN UK will definitely launch with no homegrown boxing content.. football content or any other supplementary UK sports content worth a damn because AL Haymon came along and they get the now retired David haye to do whatever the **** you think he'd do. I hope to god you mean ringstar and hayemaker promotions by the way because I'd love to tell you why that wouldn't work .

You have absolutely no comprehension of why Hearn has no interest either financially or legally in a DAZN UK or why even if they made it.. he would never leave sky.

DAZN would flop in the UK.. because we have no interest in sports we don't identify with and we have very little interest in the sports we like but played in other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            No, Warren has confirmed Hearn doesn't have an exclusive deal with Sky box office and fights can take place on there without his involvement. So yeah, it took place on Sky Box Office but Eddie was not involved.

This is totally different on DAZN. They gave Matchroom $125 million per year to put fights on their streaming service. And then they bought rights to the WBSS outside of the Matchroom deal.
            Wrong.. there's a whole interview provided by Hearn on IFL TV where he outlines exactly his involvement in that card. He negotiated the splits for K2 and Hennessy promotions for that card.

He contractually was and would be again, well within his rights to ask sky not to bid for that fight but he he has gone on the record many times stating that if sky want s fight like that it only helps their network which in turn helps him. Of course he gets money for that.. he was originally supposed to have one of his cards shown on sky before they switched to the Klitschko fury fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I guess only time will tell. If it happens I’d like to receive my credit lol if it doesn’t you were right

Comment

Btw, DAZN is very likely to flop in the United States as well if they don't get NFL or NBA rights in a few years. I get that they are trying to get in the combat sports market, but the big name fighters will be on ESPN or HBO or SHO, and UFC will be on ESPN. So they don't even have the biggest names for the combat sports they have invested in. That's why it is so important for them to put Joshua/Wilder on DAZN in 2019. They are hoping that fight gets them a lot of subscribers and they could go from there. Hearn needed to lock down the likes of Broner/Spence/Wilder to have ANY chance, and that has not happened....at least not yet. And I don't think there is any chance he ever gets GGG/Canelo/Crawford/Lomachenko which will be a big blow in the grand scheme of things. He could try to get fighters like Kovalev/Bivol/etc but what will that do?

Really interested in how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Wrong.. there's a whole interview provided by Hearn on IFL TV where he outlines exactly his involvement in that card. He negotiated the splits for K2 and Hennessy promotions for that card.

He contractually was and would be again, well within his rights to ask sky not to bid for that fight but he he has gone on the record many times stating that if sky want s fight like that it only helps their network which in turn helps him. Of course he gets money for that.. he was originally supposed to have one of his cards shown on sky before they switched to the Klitschko fury fight.
                  Ha! No, I'm not wrong. I've seen that interview and the counter interview from Warren who showed the letter or e-mail he received from Sky Sports. Hearn had little to NOTHING to do with that fight. He just tried to get in the action to make it look like he was involved and it happened under his watch.

This is what I'm saying. Hearn has such a cult following that folks buy anything he says. He is the master spin master. Extremely good at what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    You don't get it do you. How on earth would a DAZN UK app take off when you have BT and Sky already showing the boxing the British fans already care about.. the British boxing lol and all of the content British fans want to see in other sports? You can't launch a ****ing app in the UK just with Al haymons boxing are you ****ing nuts?!? DAZN and al would be laughing at you right now if they could see this.
                    So if it can’t be done in the U.K. how the heck is Hearn going to do it in an extremely bigger market?

How on earth would a DAZN UK app take off when you have BT and Sky already showing the boxing the British fans already care about..

How on earth would DAZN US take off in America when you have the big 3 Showtime, ESPN, HBO then you have other networks like CBS, FOX, Bounce etc showing the boxing the American fans already care about

You can't launch a ****ing app in the USA just with Eddie Hearns boxing are you ****ing nuts?!

I think I just check mated you? BoxingScene what y’all think?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      Hearn has exclusive contract with DAZN.
                      Where did you read that? When the announcement was made, I didn't see anything about exclusive. You could be right. But the WBSS announcement certainly makes it seem like it might not be exclusive.

Comment

Working...
                      X